Author Topic: 3300MxeII RAD Greeting time out  (Read 5771 times)

Offline wsg

• Contributer
    • View Profile
3300MxeII RAD Greeting time out
« on: September 01, 2010, 09:48:52 AM »
Hello,

We use a 3300Mxe II unit.
We activated a RAD greeting on voicemail box 880.
When a customer calls and the line is busy they get a message that all employees are busy.

My question is: we want to change the time when this rad greetings plays?
Is this possible?

Kind regards,
WSG.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: 3300MxeII RAD Greeting time out
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 10:37:59 AM »
We need to be sure you're actually talking about a RAD here as opposed to a VM box.
When all lines are busy and the caller hears the RAD do they still stay in queue?

What are the callers actually calling?   A hunt group?  An ACD queue?   A Key that appears on several phones?

In each case it is possible to change when your "RAD" picks up if it is programmed as a RAD.   How it's done depends on what it's ringing to.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 12:50:53 PM by ralph »

Offline wsg

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 10:58:53 AM »
We need to be sure you're actually talking about a RAD here as opposed to a VM box.
When all lines are busy and the caller hears the RAD do they still stay in queue?
Correct they still stay is the queue

What are the callers actually calling?   A hunt group?  An ACD queue?   A Key that appears on several phones?
Let me explain, when a client calls to our office they get 2 options, 1 is for technical support and the other for the reception. When the press 1 then the call is forwarded to a HUNT group, when they press 2 it's transferred to a HUNT group as well.
In the Hunt Group Assignment I changed the First RAD to 880 so that the client will get the message, the message was only activated for option 2 but at another place, ACD, Path Assignment.

In each case it is possible to change when your "RAD" picks up if it is programmed as a RAD.   How it's done depends on what it's ringing to. Can you help me with the right settings?

WSG

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 11:15:21 AM »
Got it.
The time it takes for the RAD to answer when assigned to a hunt group in the COS of the Hunt group.  It the "Answer Plus Delay to Message" timer. 
Remember to be sure that the "expected off hook " timer is longer than your actual message or your RAD will go into DND all by itself.

Note that if your hunt group is not assigned a COS, then the COS the system uses is the 1st member of the hunt group (or the 1st member that that the 1st key appears on - that's confusing I know)

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 12:51:09 PM by ralph »

Offline wsg

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 03:04:42 AM »
Note that if your hunt group is not assigned a COS, then the COS the system uses is the 1st member of the hunt group (or the 1st member that that the 1st key appears on - that's confusing I know)
Ralph

Thank you Ralph for your quick response.
When I look under system administration, system options and Class of Service Options Assignment there is no entry for this hunt group.
There are 5 users in this hunt group but not all users are available because of vacation.
So the first user of the hunt group is not available and trough the application Unified Communicator Advanced the users telephone is shut down, this way when a clients calls the hunt group it automatically goes to the second  user of the group.
I think it's necessary to create a COS for this group, what do you think?

And in the ACD under Path Assigment I see the Queue of the reception (option 2).
In this configuration I see Recording 1: delay to start time seconds 5 , and Recording 2: delay to start time second 10.
But i can not change these settings?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 12:51:37 PM by ralph »

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 07:59:28 AM »
No I'm not clear again if you're using a hunt group or ACD.   
Try the simple thing first, change the timer in your ACD path and test.   If that doesn't change it, create a new COS for the hunt group and change the timer there.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 12:52:01 PM by ralph »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10