Author Topic: MiCollab Conferencing Client install  (Read 1517 times)

Offline gbalbach

• View Profile
MiCollab Conferencing Client install
« on: April 20, 2017, 09:54:49 AM »
Hi again folks, so I found how I can silent install the UnifiedCommunicatorAdvanced.msi file. When a user first opens it, they have to log in of course, and then they are prompted to download and install the Conferencing Client, which is one click, not bad. The question/issue I am working now is once it installs is prompts for a server address and display name...any way to get it to pre-populate the server address and display name (copied over from out micollab settings already)?

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Re: MiCollab Conferencing Client install
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 07:40:47 PM »
Yes, users should neither be installing any software themselves nor see prompts or anything relating to the software deployment. User accounts should never have local admin rights.
It's baffling that Mitel think businesses are going to let their users install their own software.

I'm no Windows server whizz, but you can use AD and the software distribution point and run the installer something like this:
%>msiexec /i UnifiedCommunicatorAdvanced.msi UC_SERVER_HOSTNAME="10.50.12.10" /qn
Or you do it with a transform file.

The MiCollab I&M Guide sadly provides no help, but try page 114 of the MiCollab Client Administrator Guide.

Offline erangagihan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 04:47:48 AM »
Hi All,

I need to install MiCollab conference client for a MAC OS computer. Can someone help me.

Thanks

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 12:43:11 PM »
Hi All,

I need to install MiCollab conference client for a MAC OS computer. Can someone help me.

Thanks
There is no AWVC client software (meaning MiCollab Conference software) for MAC OS.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10