Author Topic: UC360 and External Calls  (Read 1991 times)

Offline mitelNYC

• View Profile
UC360 and External Calls
« on: April 12, 2017, 06:51:54 AM »
Hi All,

After some advice on some UC360 units if possible. We have a Mitel 3300 MXE on site and have connected the UC360's via SIP, which works fine. We can call into the phones from outside, I can call numbers internal to our phone cluster, I can have a large conference of up to 8 people - all that works fine.

There is one part I cannot fathom out, bearing in mind I'm pretty new to Mitel and SIP devices. How do we configure these devices to be able to dial out to external numbers? If i dial an external mobile number from the UC360, it just sits there with a dial tone and doesn't do anything - it's like it's not recognizing it's an external call and it's searching the directory for it.

Is there anything drastic I have missed in terms of getting these dialing externally? I've read through some excellent instructions which Irongladiator put together, but cannot see anything specific to making external calls.

any help/advise will be appreciated.

thanks,

Online ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: UC360 and External Calls
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 08:32:06 AM »
Do they have the same COS and COR as other phones that can dial out?

Offline mitelNYC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 08:39:36 AM »
Ahh fantastic, thank you - sorted it. You can tell it's been a long few days...! Not sure why I didn't check that, assumed it was more complicated than it actually was!

thanks again.

Online ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 09:00:03 AM »
One time during a long install week I read a cabling vendor the riot act because I thought a jack wasn't tested and terminated, even though they said it was on their paperwork.

Turns out I was plugging the IP phone in by the built in switch port and not the network port.

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 05:21:55 PM »
I've read through some excellent instructions which Irongladiator put together, but cannot see anything specific to making external calls.

Hi mitelNYC,
Thanks for that! Glad to hear it got you up and running......well, almost haha! Makes me think that maybe I should update my guide with that bit of info.

Thanks,
-Iron

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10