Author Topic: MXe III 8.0 database corruption, restore suggested, about how long to restore?  (Read 1528 times)

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
I have a 24/7 customer on a redundant 8.0 MXeIII with RAID, three PRIs and about 180 sets that is showing a database status alarm and the logs show several errors.

It has been recommended to me to do a restore to get rid of the issue.

This will be one of those 2am jobs and I was wondering about how long would the system be down, while it restores?

Thanks, Jim

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
We recently did a backup/restore due to a database corruption on an MXe III version 6.0 with about 500 sets. The backup was run earlier in the day. The restore took about 5 minutes. Then we hadto reboot from Maintenance Commands and the controller reboots itself again after that.

I am not sure if 8.0 acts the same way on a restore, but the all in time from backup to fully up was about an hour for my scenario.

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
Thanks for the great info!

Jim

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
The restore it self can take a bit, 5-10 minutes on a physical controller, but the real time consuming part is the double reboot that will occur... I would suggest disconnecting all your sets and just connect your laptop directly to the front of the controller on port 1, otherwise when 100's of sets try to reconnect it will slow down the controller significantly. Total downtime with the phones not connecting should be well under an hour. If you leave the sets connected this could take well over an hour.

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
Thanks for the great info. There are only six sets that are in use 24/7, so I will reconnect those 1st.

I appreciate the replies, Jim
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 11:32:30 AM by Crowtalks »

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
It will completely depend on the size of the database being restored. I've seen a restore take anywhere between 5 and 45 minutes.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10