Author Topic: Teleworker 5330 through Nomadix firewall  (Read 7965 times)

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Teleworker 5330 through Nomadix firewall
« on: August 25, 2010, 10:33:57 AM »
Have a user that is unable to get their Teleworker online though a Nomadix firewall. I've never worked with this brand firewall, so have little to no suggestions for the user. The TNA program says all the ports are open, but the phone never downloads and loads. Anyone have any ideas for this firewall?

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
Re: Teleworker 5330 through Nomadix firewall
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 11:22:33 AM »
I presume that the TW server is in a DMZ. If I where you I would boot an IP phone up in TW mode on the DMZ and point it at the TW IP and see if it boots. This would then eliminate the external side of the firewall. Its easy to assume that its the firewall that is the issue but not allways the case.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 11:30:35 AM »
Actually the teleworker server is in server-gateway mode at their home site, and directly connected to the outside for the moment. The end user can get the phone to load correctly from their house, its just when they go into their office and try it through the Nomadix that the phone sits saying "Waiting for Ack"

Also, have 8 other Teleworker phones off the same server at other sites that are up and functioning. I'd requested that they put the phone in the DMZ at the site that doesn't work, but haven't heard anything back yet.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 12:29:00 PM »
start by defaulting the phone.   Boot while holding the 9 and then reset to factory defaults.

If you have other phones at the same site that are working I'd suggest the problem is with the phone.  I'm thinking there may be a packet size issue with the phone and a reset may help.  If not, try swapping out the phone.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:57:53 PM by ralph »

Offline v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 02:43:53 PM »
Just so I am clear they are trying to get the phone to run in teleworker mode at home and at the office where the 3300 is?

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 03:02:16 PM »
Trying to run the phone in Teleworker mode. The Nomadix firewall is at the remote site with the remote Teleworker phone.

Offline v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 03:17:13 PM »
I have seen something like this before on a PIX or Watchguard it had something to do with asymmetrical routing.

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 09:31:37 PM »
  Yep V2 - Waiting for ACK sounds to me like basic TCP/IP setup is failing.  Normally Syn - Syn Ack - Ack - and the phone isn't getting the repsonse it needs - at least from the right source.  Asym routing would present this symptom.....as well as many other things network related.

A sniffer trace might reveal more....

-Chak

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 11:53:53 AM »
I've been trying to get the customer to run one and send it to me, but the teleworker phone is 6+ hours from me, and there's no way either organization is going to pay to send me to the phone, so I've just been waiting.

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 08:12:25 PM »
  We keep a laptop pre-loaded with Wireshark and a switch pre-configured with a mirror port on hand for just such cases.  We use a remote access tool call Bomgar - so when the laptop has internet, we can remote control it - no matter where it is.  Very handy.  Just used this setup a couple of weeks ago to sniff a Toshiba phone system problem over the WAN.  PBX vendor claimed it was the WAN, I (as WAN vendor) claimed it was not.  Wireshark gave me the ammunition to push it back to the Toshiba dealer.

Thankfully that vendor is very easy to work with, so they install the lappy and switch to allow me to get the traces.  However I have walked a somewhat tech savvy end user through he process before without much difficulty.

-Chak

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10