Author Topic: Different CLI depending on location  (Read 1892 times)

Offline smarbar

• View Profile
Different CLI depending on location
« on: March 16, 2017, 12:31:23 PM »
I don't think this is possible but you guys may have some solutions. I have a customer that has 2 different office and a controller in each, their staff hotdesk between the 2 and they want the outbound cli to reflect where they are logged in, so for example 2003 logs in at site A and displays 01234562003 and when in location B 09876542003. What appears to be happening is when they login at the remote site to where their extension was created the phone connects to the other controller and they dial out of that controllers trunks rather than the site they are logged into.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Re: Different CLI depending on location
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 07:08:07 PM »
Give them two different logins.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 07:24:45 PM »
They could also have a line key that when pressed sends out the second ID

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 08:22:02 PM »
They could also have a line key that when pressed sends out the second ID

I'm trying to test this but I can't see how it's done - the CallerID seems to be associated with the user, not his lines.
I can't give the user on ControllerA a multicall key for an extension that's on ControllerB.

Offline smarbar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 05:44:07 AM »
Thanks but for 600+ users a second login isn't an option due to cost. A second multicall key could be the way to go and then educating the users to press that to dial out when needed, will see what they say.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 06:05:28 AM »
As Vince said, I don't believe you can have a Multicall key belonging to another element.

e.g. user on System A can't have a multicall key from System B on their phone.

Offline smarbar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2017, 06:13:58 AM »
it wouldn't have to be off the other controller as long as it sends the correct CLI, don't really mind that the call is still using the home controllers trunks.

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2017, 09:24:55 AM »
You have to create " Zone " and put each user on diffrent zone.

Online ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2017, 09:46:42 AM »
The second single line key with CPN substitution might not be a bad idea. Base user 2003 could have a single line appearance of 20#03 and label it "Office B". They could press Office B to make an outgoing call from Office B with CPN substitution to reflect that location.

It's not automatic, but then it also gives users the flexibility of calling from "either office" no matter which office they are physically located.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2017, 08:53:06 PM »
The second single line key with CPN substitution might not be a bad idea. Base user 2003 could have a single line appearance of 20#03 and label it "Office B". They could press Office B to make an outgoing call from Office B with CPN substitution to reflect that location.

It's not automatic, but then it also gives users the flexibility of calling from "either office" no matter which office they are physically located.

Just to be clear - if the user from ControllerA is logged in at SiteB, then all their calls will use the ControllerA trunks? Or not?

Because it sounds to me like you are suggesting that a call travelling to the carrier across ControllerA's trunks could be claiming a callerID that doesn't belong to those trunks. My understanding is - where I am - the carrier is pretty much legally bound to not honour that fake CallerID.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2017, 08:17:32 AM »
Well....
You could....
Send out all calls through an emergency route and change the CLID based on location.
I wouldn't recommend it, but you could.

Ralph

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2017, 10:15:25 AM »
You can do this automatically based on the IP of the phone the user is logged into.

Go to Location Specification and add your IP ranges for each site, and assign the IP ranges to your desired zone. Then go into Network Zones and assign your site specific options for each zone. Among other things, you can assign the CESID and CPN digits (outbound CLI) here.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2017, 11:37:33 AM »
You can do this automatically based on the IP of the phone the user is logged into.

Go to Location Specification and add your IP ranges for each site, and assign the IP ranges to your desired zone. Then go into Network Zones and assign your site specific options for each zone. Among other things, you can assign the CESID and CPN digits (outbound CLI) here.

Cool.  I didn't know that.

Ralph

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2017, 11:46:37 AM »

Cool.  I didn't know that.

Ralph

I think assigning a CESID/CPN in the individual set/user config may override this setting, I'm not sure what the order of precedence is in the software. If I ever get the time I'll have to try it out in my lab.

Online ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2017, 02:01:08 PM »

Just to be clear - if the user from ControllerA is logged in at SiteB, then all their calls will use the ControllerA trunks? Or not?

Because it sounds to me like you are suggesting that a call travelling to the carrier across ControllerA's trunks could be claiming a callerID that doesn't belong to those trunks. My understanding is - where I am - the carrier is pretty much legally bound to not honour that fake CallerID.

That's a good point and would certainly depend on where you are - and what you're doing. My interpretation in the US is that you can mask caller ID as long as you aren't doing it for fraud. States may have a different requirements too (although they usually don't). It wouldn't really matter at all if your carrier can't do it!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10