Author Topic: IP Trunk & Co Trunk  (Read 3461 times)

Offline gimitel

• View Profile
IP Trunk & Co Trunk
« on: July 26, 2010, 08:04:44 PM »
Guys,

I programmed IP Trunk between two Mitel 3300 Cxi using a vpn network.
Site A (on Curacao)with DN: 5xx can call Site B (on Bonaire) with DN: 200 and visa versa.
Is it possible that users on Site A (Curacao) can dial out using Co Trunks from Site B (Bonaire) by dialing a special code ?

For example press **9 to use Co Trunk from a different PBX in the same network.

Regards,

Gimitel

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: IP Trunk & Co Trunk
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 09:55:15 PM »
Absolutely. You could setup **91+10 in your ARS as a route to the B site. Then using digit modification, strip the **. (This assumes that site B uses 9 as their dial out digit.) The Bonaire PBX will see the 9+digits and output it according to its own ARS.

I'd maybe also setup ARS Route Lists, that take advantage of the opposite sites trunks. For example, I'd set site A to have the ARS digit strings of 91XXX of site B's local area code. That way if anyone from site A dials what would be a local call from site B, it would go over the route, and potentially save money on LD charges.

Or at the very least setup the Route Lists to provide some form of trunk redundancy in case either sides trunks fails.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 07:57:49 AM »
This makes brings to mind a question I've had about "toll bypass".   Although we do it in the states all the time, I've heard that in some countries it's actually a crime since the government is loosing money.   Some one once told me that in <can't remember the Asian country> doing it could result in execution.  (I doubt it but at least he was serious)

So my question is, does anyone have a clue about what the actual laws are regarding toll bypass?
I'm sure it's different in the EU than the states but what are the rules?

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 05:05:58 PM by ralph »

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 05:16:55 PM »
I was told by a multi national IT manager the it is 100% illegal in Dubai to do toll bypass. From my understanding the Royal family own the only service provider over there and they don't like to lose revenue therefore they made it illigal  ::)

Offline gimitel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 02:23:18 PM »
Guys,

I programmed everything what bluewhite4 explained, so that users on Site A can dialout using Co Trunks from Site B
But when i make the call to dialout through the co Trunks from Site B i received a message on the phone "Access Denied"
Do i have to activate something in the COS ?

Regards,

gimitel

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 06:41:27 PM »
check the COS option 'public trunk to public trunk connection allowed' is set to 'yes' for the COS of all the trunks and the set you originate the call from. Also check COR programming as 'access denied' is generally a message used when a set is toll restricted from dialling a given number

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10