Author Topic: Teleworker and 3300 compression  (Read 5512 times)

Offline ASCStech

• View Profile
Teleworker and 3300 compression
« on: August 20, 2010, 02:34:10 AM »
When using the compression licenses on the MXE rather than the teleworker, how/when do they come into use. i have applied the licenses but am not able to retsart the controller till sometime over the weekend so can't test anything yet. However, like on the TWS do i assign a license to each set (if so where) or does the MXE know when a set is a teleworker and then use the G729 codec.?? i can see on the TWS on the MAIN page that i can set G729 on or off, off should be used if the licenses are on the MXE, so can use both? i have 5 compression licenses on the TWS and 8 on the MXE and i don't want to waste the TWS ones. so if i set the MAIN G729 to off and allocate 5 sets to use the TWS licenses individually then let the rest run with the MXE will there be any issues?

Thanks ???
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 02:40:28 AM by ASCStech »

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
Re: Teleworker and 3300 compression
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 10:01:01 AM »
I would use the licenses on the MXe rather than the TWS for compression. Performing comprssion on the TWS causes extra load on the server and can cause issues.
To force compression between TW sets and non TW sets put them in different compression zones and specify these calls to be compressed.

Offline ASCStech

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 09:37:39 PM »
Thanks Bob, that works fine for inter set calls. However with our network the teleworkers are over staellite where bandwidth is premium, and as such I need to configure so that EVERY call the teleworker makes or receives is compressed between the set and the ICP. I have been delving into the bandwidth management but can't get it yet.
Any ideas anyone??

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 07:16:15 AM »
Okay so all you need to do is compress between the zone of your TW sets and ZOne 1 (which is where all TDM trunks/devices are placed by default). If you have 8 licenses you can compress 8 conurrent IP -TDM calls (internal IP -IP compression does not require licenses).

Offline ASCStech

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 09:40:33 PM »
Hi Bob, thanks again for the reply. I think the problem I have is with the license and a DSP alarm, telling me i do not have enough resources. Did a search on here and found a post with a similar issue and the advice was to add a DSPII or quad DSP.
Teleworkers are in Zone 2 MXE is in 1, turned on inter zone compression Zone 2 and compression works between teleworkers and sets on Zone1 but as soon as i leave the MITEL back to uncompressed. I even put the MITEL in Zone 3 and enabled inter zone compression on zones 2 and 3.
Reading what you have said about no license required for interset compression, it looks like the licenses haven't been activated, I suspect due to the lack of DSP resources.
Does this sound about right?
I have emailed a query to the distributor but they are very difficult when it comes to advice on what we need so the forum is my only source of reliable info. Thanks Bob.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 10:21:29 PM by ASCStech »

Offline v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 10:55:48 PM »
If you are getting a DSP alarm that didn't show up until you added compressions licenses you will need to ad a DSP resource card.

Offline ASCStech

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 12:54:30 AM »
Thanks V2win,
had a call back from the support desk and they confirmed that we need additional DSP. just waiting for a price now :(

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10