Author Topic: Mitel MICD with multi 3300 instances  (Read 6244 times)

Offline glennmitel

• View Profile
    • Capital support
Mitel MICD with multi 3300 instances
« on: August 19, 2010, 10:38:51 AM »
Hello

i am just setting up a MICD with multi 3300 instances anyone touched this yet i know its very new

so far i have found

1.lives on MSL 9.1
2.Blades must be installed via dvd drive will not work with cd rom drive even if your using cds
3.uses a lot of ram and cpu
4.need to have 2 servers per setup 1 for MCD and 1 for DSP connections such as voicemail and conf and ons/lsgs
5.complete failover with another server / MCD on MXE or on ISS
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 11:25:00 AM by ralph »

Offline Mitel100

• View Profile
Re: MICD
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 04:15:11 PM »
MiCD is a great product. Once set-up it is really easy to manage your environment. What you have losted is all true and I have not found any problems with it so far.

I hope your set-up goes well

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 11:12:15 PM »
  I'm guessing they have coded it to consume more ram/cpu than it need - just in case.  That is what all the VoIP systems moving the virtualization will have to do....can't afford quality issues do to swapping/moving stuff around.

-Chak

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 09:27:17 AM »
glennMitel,
I haven't had a chance to touch the MiCD yet.   I have a question about your item #4.
I understand about the need for the server for the DSP - although perhaps you could do without that if you used SIP trunks and NuPoint.
What I don't understand is the "1 for MCD".   Is that the virt box or a physical 3300?
Or do I really not understand and both boxes are virtual?

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:56:09 PM by ralph »

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 01:48:09 PM »
From what I remember from the training, the MiCD is several istances of MCD Server running on a box and if you want any TDM trunking you need a 3300 Media Gateway.

I do remember something about the second server for the DSPs. I haven't made it far enough down my to-do list to actually acquire the hardware and licensing to get my hands on this.

Offline Mitel100

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 04:15:00 PM »
The 1st server (MCD Manager) is where all your MCD instances are programmed, this is then linked to the second server (Media Server Manager) which handles Music on Hold, Paging, Conference capabilities and voicemail services.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 04:30:17 PM »
Can MOH be on a WAV file on the MiCD?
The reason I ask is that I'm just thinking of what it would take not to need a media server to avoid cost.   I'd like to see just the 3300 running on a virtual machine along with SIP trunks and all IP phones.
Ralph
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:55:55 PM by ralph »

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 10:08:31 AM »
Can the Media Server be a virtual server on the same hardware as the MCD Manager?

If not can you virtualize the Media Servers on one server and the MCD Manager on another? Just trying to figure out how this is to be a cost saving solution if they expect you to have a dozen Media Servers if you have a dozen MiCD instances.

Does anyine have this running in production or lab?

Offline Mitel100

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 03:14:53 PM »
We have MiCd running in the lab and have put the manager and media on one server only to reduce cost in the lab environment. Also, you only need one Media server to one Manager server. So if you have 50 MCD instances on the Manager, then you will need at least 50 instances on the media server.

Also, this is a Mitel virtual platform for MCD. So, when you compare to VMWare, you have to spend a bit of money to reap the benefits in the long run. So a ROI would be when you have more than 6 instances.

I hope this helps.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10