Author Topic: night service VM assistance  (Read 2452 times)

dhehir

night service VM assistance
« on: August 19, 2010, 05:02:39 AM »
Hi all,

As you will be able to tell when I get to the end of my ramble I am fairly new to this Mitel Gubbins, I had a basic training course about 18 months ago, but have bearly touched a 3300 since. So, please bear with me.

The system I am working on is a 3300 with SW 8.0.9.20 (plans are afoot to bring this up to date).

We are using the night service 1 option during OOH to direct all calls destined for reception to an OOH voicemail message telling folks that the reception is closed.

which looks something like this:

DAY: Dial in trunk - digits modified to dial 800 - then a speed dial from 800 to 100 = reception

NIGHT: As with day but with call rerouting assignment for ext 100 to night 1 (111 huntgroup with VM exts 180 to 188) = callers to reception hear the message informing reception is closed.

This works fine so far.

Now, they have the requirement for another dial in number to play a different OOH message. So i tried to set it up like so:

DAY: Dial in trunk - digits modified to dial 802 - 802 is a multicall button on a few phones. works fine.

NIGHT: as with day but with call rerouting assignment for 802 to night 1 (112 huntgroup with VM exts 189)

I set up a new mailbox for 112 with a test message.

now while in night mode 1, if I dial 112 I get my test message, however, if I dial 802, I now get the OOH message that is used by reception.

I also tried rerouting to an real extension, which works fine, so i thought i'd set up a call forward always on this ext to 112 and again, this puts me through to the reception message and not my test message.

I hope this makes some sort of sense (it does in my head - but thats a strange place).

I'm sure there is something simple I'm missing, so any help on this matter would be most gratefully received.

Thanks
dhehir

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: night service VM assistance
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 01:41:26 PM »
Try to build a mailbox for the 802 number and reroute it to the pilot number of your VM.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10