Author Topic: Yealink W52p SIP Dect on Office 250  (Read 2260 times)

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Yealink W52p SIP Dect on Office 250
« on: February 25, 2017, 11:40:09 AM »
Hello

Has anyone got the Yealink W52p SIP DECTs working on the office 250?

I've done all sorts of other stuff, Polycom, Panasonic, Konftel and they all just work. Can't get this Yealink to work at all, keep getting 401 Unauthorised in the SIP Logs.

If I configure up X-Lite on my laptop with exactly the same details it works fine, so there's something i'm missing in the Yealink setup but I can't find it!

There's no How To on the MKB either  :(

Anyone??

Cheers

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Yealink W52p SIP Dect on Office 250
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 05:36:09 PM »
Found it, half a bottle of wine, two ciders and wire shark helped me work it out.

In the advanced section change rport to enabled!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 09:41:15 AM »
NTEDave,

Soooo, did you list your troubleshooting steps in order and how many mL were each of those? ;)

Thanks,

TE

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 09:11:52 AM »
Just imagine some techs getting a bottle of wine out in the office following my set up steps :)

There's some other details to add to this as well if someone Googles it and ends up here:

We had the Phones external over NAT to a Hosted 250, we needed to set the NAT type to STUN then enter stun.ekiga.net on the Yealink, I assume other stun servers are available but this is one that a colleague happened to know off the top of his head.

You also need to allow G711 on the phones which is actually called PCM, set this in the allowed codecs page of the Yealink.

Offline Curtis-at-Travis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 10:47:51 AM »
I just set one of these up in our office this very week, and I have no idea what you are describing in your setup...

I used the web interface to set up the phone. 

I had to set up in-bound authorization in the phone system programming so that the extension number was the user account, with a password. 

I also had to make sure that the cordless device was matched to the correct account within the DECT base, that's important, if you want calls to be made or received from the cordless device.

The only other weird thing I had to do was set DTMF signalling to be "in-band" in the Yealink programming, so that I could dial into auto attendants.  In the 5000 programming, I set DTMF to be the RFC value.

Took about an hour of poking around before I had it operational.  Next time will be much faster!  And our source for this device is so much cheaper than Mitel's equivalent device.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10