Author Topic: Another Newbie Question - OpsMan SDS  (Read 6010 times)

Offline buttonsandzips

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Another Newbie Question - OpsMan SDS
« on: July 24, 2008, 06:16:34 AM »
Me again!  We have 3 controllers and Enterprise and Ops Manager which I believe keeps them in sync.  One thing which doesn't appear to work though is call pickup groups which contain users which are on different controllers.  Only the users homed to the controller which the pickup group was setup on can use it.  We also seem to be unable to setup Multicalls where a number is presented on phones which are not on the same controller.

Our supplier completely messed up the install and we are waiting for them to return for a "health check" but I am trying to get some info from you guys too as I have lost faith in their knowledge!

Thanks

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Another Newbie Question - OpsMan SDS
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 07:53:18 AM »
This is directly from the 3300 ESM Help file.
I would suspect that the system may not be clustered properly.   A cluster being your three pbx's.
Log directly into on of your 3300 directly via the web browser, open the help file and check out "Call Pickup".
I'm not an EM expert but I'd suspect this is where the issue is.   Same for the Multicall key.
Perhaps V2twin can jump in on this.

Ralph

Call Pickup - Clustered
Description
Clustered Call Pickup provides Dialed Call Pickup functionality across a cluster.

Conditions
The host switches must have Release 7.0 software or later.

The host switches must all be part of the same Portable Directory Number (PDN) cluster.

The cluster elements must be programmed with a Feature DN in the Cluster Element Assignment form.

The System Data Synchronization (SDS) feature must be sharing data between the host switches.

The host switches must be directly connected by using IP trunking.

Remote members must be accessed via trunks that use DPNSS signaling (T1/E1 DPNSS, XNET, or IP trunks). Access via QSIG signaling is not supported.

If the host switches are not fully meshed with XNET IP signaling or some links are down, calls will not be picked up between switches without IP connectivity. The requesting switch will consider those systems that it cannot communicate with as having no ringing members in pickup groups.

Pickup groups can include members from a maximum of eight different cluster elements (including resilient backups).

RADs and embedded voice mail ports should not be included in Call Pickup groups.

A clustered call pickup group must include at least one local member.

Use the OPS Manager Moves, Adds, and Changes (MAC) application to add, delete, or change (renumber) directory numbers  that are members of cluster call pickup groups. Do not use the User Configuration, Single-Line Assignment, Multiline Assignment, or Wireless Set Assignment forms in the System Administration Tool to change a directory number that is a remote member of a cluster call pickup group.

To change the directory number of that device that is a cluster call pickup group member:

Delete the member from the clustered call pickup group from OPS MAC or through the Pickup Group Assignment form or Change Attribute Assignment form of the element's System Administration Tool.

Change (renumber) the directory number from the OPS Manager Moves, Adds, and Changes application.

Perform an OPS Manager synchronization to distribute the change to the cluster elements

Add the directory number to the clustered call pickup group through OPS MAC or to the call pickup group on the local element.

SDS then distributes the member to the other cluster elements that host that call pickup group.

If you change a directory number without first removing the member from clustered pickup group, and then perform an OPS Manager synchronization, the remote elements that host the clustered call pickup group will not be updated with the change by the OPS Manager synchronization. An OPS Manager synch error "delta" is generated on OPS Manager to alert you that the change was not made on the remote elements.

To correct

Remove the member from the clustered call pickup group.

SDS removes the member from the remote cluster elements.

Perform a synchronization operation from OPS Manager to distribute the remote directory number updates to the cluster elements.

Add the renumbered remote member back into the clustered pickup group of the local element.

SDS updates the remote elements that host the clustered call pickup group with the member.

Clustered Pickup Groups do not display in the Group Administration Tool.

Also refer to the Dialed Call Pickup Conditions.

Programming
To program Clustered Call Pickup:

Ensure that the System Data Synchronization (SDS) feature is sharing data between the cluster elements. Review the SDS guidelines that relate to clustered call pickup groups.

Complete the programming for Dialed Call Pickup.

In the Pickup Group Assignment form, set "Cluster Enabled" to "Yes".

Add local, resilient, and remote members to the pickup group.

Note: When you add a new Pickup Group or change a group from the Add or Change dialog box, the system suggests the next available Pickup Group ID. Because other groups likely exist on other controllers in the network, the next available group ID may not be the next number.

Offline v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 11:16:35 AM »
In OpsMangler under Moves adds and Changes under the options there is a resiliency setup.

See if the vendor set up the correct options.

Offline buttonsandzips

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 11:05:06 AM »
Just had a look in the Resiliency Policy, currently I have Hunt groups, pickup groups and page group as Not Resilient!  key assignment is also not reslient - could that have an affect on the multicall?

Is it safe for me to flick these options?

SDS in not enabled on any controller.

Thanks again, I am using all this to build up evidence against the vendor for the poor standard of the install which we are yet to pay for...

Offline v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 09:33:54 AM »
Just had a look in the Resiliency Policy, currently I have Hunt groups, pickup groups and page group as Not Resilient!  key assignment is also not resilient - could that have an affect on the multicall  yes absolutely

Is it safe for me to flick these options? yes once you turn them on you will need to do a change in ops on the phones you want to test.

SDS in not enabled on any controller. You should probably have this turned on it makes management a little easier for system changes. Be careful with this you can really hose things up if not done carefully

HelenJames

respond this post
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 10:28:32 PM »
The similar subject was already observed somewhere at this thread

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10