Author Topic: External (MY) Number sending froman SX3300  (Read 3933 times)

Offline chris.rose

• Contributer
    • View Profile
External (MY) Number sending froman SX3300
« on: August 18, 2010, 11:45:57 AM »
Hello all,

I am a UK based newbie - just had looking after the 3300 added to my new job that I started a fortnight ago.

I have just been appointed and put in charge of the Mitel 3300 at my place of work. I was told that up until 3 months ago (before I was even in the post). What used to happen was when a person called OUT of my place of work to say a mobile or cell phone, the default DASS outgoing number was displayed on the recieving mobile. I tried this just now and all that is displayed on my mobile phone as incoming caller ID - is "Private".

Now I don't know whether the powers that be are just pulling my chain, but my bosses boss, assures me it USED to display the caller ID and now it doesn't. So I have been tasked with turning it back on so mobiles display the company number when being called - note I have done nothing to the switch exept add new 5312 and 5320 / 5330 handsets. Its current state is how I inherited it from the previous job holder.

The whole issue here is that many of our mobile staff are NOT answering calls on their mobiles that display as "Private", and claim that they did used to know that the business was calling them as their mobile phone displayed the switchboard number.

I've done a search on "caller ID" etc in the forum but can find no mention of toggling this for the outgoing switchboard line ?

Am I missing something really really stupidly obvious ?

If anyone can shed any light on this I would be really really grateful.

Cheers

CHris

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: External (MY) Number sending froman SX3300
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 01:12:07 PM »
What type of trunks do you have? You most likely need to look up how to do CPN Substitution. I would also check with the carrier to see if they are the ones sending the "Private" tag.

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 06:17:27 PM »
Hi Chris, ok so your DASS circuit is no longer sending out CLI. Well, there could be a few reasons for this but IME the best place to start is with the service provider. We will assume BT, outgoing CLI is a purchaseable option from BT. Its not expensive but you still have to pay for it so start by contacting them and making sure outgoing CLI is enabled on the circuit.
Once this has been confirmed then we can look at the 3300 programming.

Offline chris.rose

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 09:31:54 AM »
Hi Mate,

Thanks for that - have asked the question of BT and am awaiting the reply !!! There is no line item on the bill for CLI presentation I have to admit !!

Will post the answer here when BT decide to let me know.

Cheers

Chris

Offline chris.rose

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 10:54:28 AM »
Mystery solved

Offline chris.rose

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 10:55:28 AM »
BT are not sending CLI data !!

We are now rectifying this - thanks for the help guys.!!

Chris

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 06:56:13 PM »
  Thanks for following up and letting us know the outcome....

-Chak

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10