Author Topic: 5224 IPPhone bricked? Is there a hard reset available?  (Read 1637 times)

Offline jasmantle

• View Profile
5224 IPPhone bricked? Is there a hard reset available?
« on: February 21, 2017, 02:54:17 PM »
We're in the process of moving from an external VOIP provider (using MINET) to an internal FrePBX (using SIP). The phones have been just chugging along for years, and so the SIP conversion has hit some speedbumps. For example, some phones will take the SIP load, and some will not. Turns out that they have differing levels of software on them a,d some will accept the last SIP load (v8), and some need V5 then V8 (or V5 then V7 then V8).

Anyway, one phone got into quite a struggle, displays a message about updating flash, and stays stuck at 0%. We have had no joy at doing a phone reset, or any other intervention.

Is there some sort of a hard reset which can get it out of the current state, and into a happier place? Or have we bricked it?

Jim

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: 5224 IPPhone bricked? Is there a hard reset available?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 04:05:59 PM »
There is no hard reset... there is a Factory Reset in the diagnostic menu, but I doubt it will help you. Press and hold the Vol Down when connecting the phone, then navigate to the Tools & Features menu and continue to Restore Defaults and accept it. This will clear out any configuration in the device.

Those sets are old, they have been discontinued for almost 7 years... around 2009 if I recall correctly. You can get some decent Polycom refurb sets pretty reasonably, for example the Soundstation IP 650 is like $75-$80 refurbished and is a much better set for SIP deployments. It is still supported and has a much better integration to almost all SIP servers, Polycom is pretty much the standard in the SIP world. 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10