Author Topic: Problem with a 5224 Dual Mode IP Phone  (Read 1644 times)

Offline Plainside

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Problem with a 5224 Dual Mode IP Phone
« on: February 20, 2017, 03:41:29 AM »
Hello!

So lets jump straight into it.
A client of ours has problems with registering a 5224 Dual Mode IP Phone to their Mitel 3300.
The phone refuses to register in one of the two ways listed below:
 - Pin + Superkey, in this case ***1234(not actual number) and use the super key to send.
 - Adding the MAC address to the extension in the 3300.

Both result in the same problem, returning to the screen 'input pin and use SUPERKEY to send'.
Before shipping the phone to the customer we tested it without problem(teleworker), the phone registered and we were able to call.
But after they received it there, hooked it on(PoE), it just refuses to register to the Mitel 3300.

I myself am a mitel engineer in training where as my colleagues are already trained.
Im completely stunned as to what can be the cause of this.
My colleagues also checked my 'handy work' and confirm everything should work as it should.

And before anyone brings it up the device type is also set to 5224, with service level full.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

P.S.
First post hoping I posted this in the right section.

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
Re: Problem with a 5224 Dual Mode IP Phone
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 04:30:06 AM »
I would verify if the "Set Registration Access Code" in the System Options is really set to "***", the Device Type in the User and Service Configuration is set to "5224 dual mode", the Service level is not set to "Trusted" and the MAC Address is empty and that you are pressing Superkey (the blue button) and not the Hold key.

If this doesn't help I would try to do phone factory reset and also try to assign the phone some other COS with default values. 

Offline Plainside

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 05:22:33 AM »
I would verify if the "Set Registration Access Code" in the System Options is really set to "***", the Device Type in the User and Service Configuration is set to "5224 dual mode", the Service level is not set to "Trusted" and the MAC Address is empty and that you are pressing Superkey (the blue button) and not the Hold key.

If this doesn't help I would try to do phone factory reset and also try to assign the phone some other COS with default values.

I checked the Registration Access Code multiple times its set to *** and the replacement to ###(the defaults).
Like mentioned the device type is set tot 5224 Dual Mode, Service level is Full and the mac address has been cleared several times.
This afternoon we will indeed do a Factory Reset to see if it will help, were expecting that there is a network issue.
We don't have their complete network drawing so were not sure if there is a extra switch or anything placed.

Edit:
I just tested it with a Teleworker also a 5224 Dual Mode phone which works fine.
Only thing was I had to use the replacement code.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 05:31:52 AM by Plainside »

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 06:20:39 AM »
I know this sounds silly but is there only one controller at site?
Check network settings of the phone and make sure that it is trying to connect where you think.

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 06:26:11 AM »
Maybe some wrong MAC address was recorded in the MBG server and therefore Plainside had to use replacement code instead.

Offline Plainside

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 06:31:05 AM »
I know this sounds silly but is there only one controller at site?
Check network settings of the phone and make sure that it is trying to connect where you think.

It is a hosted controller.
But there could indeed be a issue with the phones settings that i cant find the controller.

Maybe some wrong MAC address was recorded in the MBG server and therefore Plainside had to use replacement code instead.

we tested it with the replacement code also wouldn't work sadly.

Edit,
We probably found the problem.
Before shipping the phone out one of my colleagues made the phone factory default...
Thinking there was a DHCP in place on location, which there is not.
So I will have to walk them through the process of configuring the phone, over the phone.
But if it still doesn't work after that I wouldn't know what else could be wrong.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 06:43:07 AM by Plainside »

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 06:49:29 AM »
We probably found the problem.
Before shipping the phone out one of my colleagues made the phone factory default...
Thinking there was a DHCP in place on location, which there is not.
So I will have to walk them through the process of configuring the phone, over the phone.
But if it still doesn't work after that I wouldn't know what else could be wrong.

If the networking on the phone isn't working, it won't be able to see the phone system, and if it can't see the phone system then it isn't going to prompt for a PIN.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 10:03:30 AM »
Not sure of the release levels on this but I have come across a similar problem. you used to be able to register a phone using ***xxxx even if that phone existed. It would just pinch the registration from the existing phone which would then sit with use super etc. message. Then this stopped working and you had to use the set replacement code even if the old phone was unplugged and out of service. Since you have registered with teleworker it may be a similar problem in that the phone expects to reach a MBG and its not going to as it is now on the local network but the registration exists for a teleworker.... hope that makes sense.

Offline Plainside

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 07:53:57 AM »
The general MBG we were using still had the MAC address registered to a different customer so when we were trying to register it to customer 1 it was still looking at the ICP of the old customer.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10