Author Topic: Voicemail to email with Gmail  (Read 2839 times)

Offline BlackSunshine

• View Profile
Voicemail to email with Gmail
« on: February 16, 2017, 03:44:22 PM »
I think I may know the answer but thought I would ask anyway.  I have customer that would like voicemail to email.  They have cloud or hosted GMAIL.  Any way to get this to work on Mitel Mivoice Office 250 release 6.1

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Voicemail to email with Gmail
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 04:03:30 PM »
BlackSunshine,

Is Unified Messaging setup to go somewhere else already? If not then the answer is yes it will work with G-Mail and other hosted solutions, but maybe not with Enhanced Integration; Forward Only and Copy and Forward always seem to work.

If the answer is yes then you will need to create a Relay Account to the server it is currently talking to that will forward the messages on to their G-Mail account.

There are many posts on how to do this already on the forums. If you have an issue figuring it out then repost it here.

Thanks,

TE

Offline BlackSunshine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 05:15:14 PM »
Thanks for the help. I need a relay account to use for authentication with Gmail.  That makes sense.  I am use to just pointing to internal SMTP server for relay for customer that have their own email server.  I know gmail doesn't allow simple SMTP relay.  The relay account will login to gmail.... authenticate and send the voicemail to email.  My guess is the voicemail to email will look like its being sent by the relay account?

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 02:06:57 AM »
If they have a business gmail account and a static IP then you can relay without authentication.

You can also send to gmail accounts without authentication.

Check this link for more info.
https://support.google.com/a/answer/176600?hl=en

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10