Author Topic: OCS outbound calls  (Read 3306 times)

Offline ctmedina

• View Profile
    • Just me, and my ramblings
OCS outbound calls
« on: August 10, 2010, 04:40:05 PM »
I reviewed some of the old OCS topics and I could not find this specific setup.

We are not using LBG, but have OCS using SIP to connect to our 3300 and using exchange for vmail. We have not rolled this out, but there are a few users i our IT group using it. The problem is that any external outbound call fails with a 404 not found being returned from the 3300. We can make ext to ext calls fine, but external outbound fails immediately. Inbound external calls work fine. These calls are coming in on a PRI.

I think I have an idea what the problem is. The most recent change to the system was that I removed some entries in the sip peer profile assignment form. When we first setup OCS the consultant we brought in to help added 1*, 2*, 3*, 4*, 5*, 6*, 7*, 8*, 9* to the SIP peer profile assng form entry for the OCS sip peer profile. Obviously this makes no sense since it is matching everything to the OCS. Since then I have added some VTN to our SIP trunks and in order for them to be authenticated I have to match them to our Paetec SIP Peer profile. So I have been removing some of the wildcard entries and adding specific area code entries for the sites I have added. So for one where the range of DIDs are in the 203 area code, I removed the 2* and created a seperate entry for the paetec sip peer with 203*. My inbound VTN on the SIP trunks work. If I remove this then it does not work.

I still have 1*, 3*, 6*, 484* in the SIP peer profile assignement for the OCS SIP peer. One ext is 11556 and they all start with 1. Maybe I am going down the wrong road.

Any ideas?

Carlos Medina

Offline ctmedina

• View Profile
    • Just me, and my ramblings
Re: OCS outbound calls
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 03:37:53 PM »
With the help of Mitel support I was able to figure the problem out. It was what I was thinking with the SIP Peer PRofile assignent. I just had to think in reverse.

I had removed a 9* from the OCS SIP peer profile in order to add the 908* to the new Paetec SIP Peer Profile (SPP from now on)

I was trying to match the ext that the calls was coming from, but actually it wants the to match the number you are dialing. So that is why when I removed 9* it did not work, but internal ext that start with 1 did work. I did leave 1* in for the OCS SPP. I was able to put a 91* for the OCS SPP, but I think I am going to run into problems when our OCS users try to dial an ext at another site. Other sites start with 2, 3, 6, and others if I add more sites to our cluster. I guess I will have to be more specific with the ranges in each SPP assigned to the OCS or Paetec.

Hopes this helps someone out there. The only real problem was that I could not think to put 91* instead of 9*. Luckily the OCS server translates all numbers to 91(xxx)xxx-xxxx before dialing. That is the only way I could dial any (2xx)xxx-xxxx from any OCS phones. Becasue I have a DID range of (2xx)xxx-xxxx that is ringing in over SIP trunks.

Carlos

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
Re: OCS outbound calls
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 01:00:56 AM »
  Good to know Carlos - thanks!

-Chak

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10