Author Topic: [Solved] Manuel install over serial problems~ (CXi Controller)  (Read 1422 times)

Offline newbiemiteltech

• View Profile
[Solved] Manuel install over serial problems~ (CXi Controller)
« on: January 26, 2017, 05:56:26 PM »
Problem description

I'm having trouble attempting to manually install software on a CXi controller through my laptop, which is running an FTP server. It's connected using a serial connection and Ethernet cable. I've followed instructions using the mitel technicans handbook on manual installation.

Here are the settings I've set through VxWorks:

boot device          : qefcc
unit number          : 0
processor number     : 0
host name            : bootHost
file name            : Boot_Install
inet on ethernet (e) : 192.168.1.2:ffffff00
host inet (h)        : 192.168.1.10
gateway inet (g)     : 192.168.1.1
user (u)             : sysadmin
ftp password (pw)    : D1str1but10n
flags (f)            : 0x0
other (o)            : FixPartition

Error Message:
The error I receive is: "Can't load boot file!" after the controller runs through post. It then keeps looping until I interrupt the boot process. 

Additional information:
laptop address settings: 192.168.1.10/24
My firewall is also turned off.
The sysadmin account has been configured to access the mitel software I want on the controller.

When I view the logs on the FTP server there is no activity. I've also attempted to put the boot parameters back into defaults, but the controller also cannot boot in this state.

If you need any more information, let me know. I have very little experience with this equipment but I'm trying to learn  :) 

UPDATE

So, I may have been plugged into the incorrect interface on the controller itself. I believe I was plugged into the WAN and not the LAN interface. I also changed the boot parameter "boot device: qefcc" to "motfcc" and it seems to be working now.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 06:19:32 PM by newbiemiteltech »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10