Author Topic: ACD overflow and queue status  (Read 12223 times)

Offline ctmedina

• View Profile
    • Just me, and my ramblings
ACD overflow and queue status
« on: August 10, 2010, 04:19:56 PM »
Ok here is the situation. We have a overly complicated ACD where we have path 1 with 3 agents in agent group A and if they are busy, it will overflow to agent group b. Agent group b has 1 agent. If that agent is busy then it will overflow to agent group c, which also only has 2 agents.

Now the question from the end user is, "Why is the queue status light never on?" From what I can tell is that becasue it is never in queue in the main path, but overflowing to different groups. Does the light pertain to a specific agent skill group or does it pertain to the path?

I was thinking of just putting all users in one skill group and using skill levels to determine the priority of calls they get?

1 for regular agents who should answer most calls
10 for thier back up that will only answer calls when all the agents are busy
25 for the supervisor who will only get a call once everyone has a call

Then there will be an option to leave a vmail if everyone is busy.

Does this sound like a good plan? what are the pros and cons of doing it either way.

Carlos Medina

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
Re: ACD overflow and queue status
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 02:09:18 AM »
  The biggest downside to that is with Overflow you have a timer.  With just Skill's, there is no delay and the calls immediately go to the secondary agents.  Depending on you handle times, this have a BIG impact on how many calls those 2nd and 3rd line people get.

I don't remember, but want to say the buttons are tied to the agent group...damn old age :)

-Chak

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 07:33:33 AM »
I take it the end user doesn't use Prairiefyre client or anything like that?

Offline v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 08:47:41 AM »
Are you using generic group alert or specific group alert?

If you are using generic group alert and the agents belong to more than one group the light will never flash.

Offline ctmedina

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 03:26:12 PM »
The end users are using PF client, but I guess they also want to see it on the phone in case they are not looking at the screen. We usually do both on the phone and PF, but problem with PF is that I do not have time to go in and configure all the alerst and pop ups and the users will not take time to do it either.

It is a specific group alert for #793 which is one of the overflow groups. That make no sense at all? or if there is an overflow group defined and all the agents are busy in the main skill group, does it mean that the queue status light will be illuminated?

I am going to change it to #791 which is the primary skill group for the path in question.

I think I am going to do away with all the overflow programming later tonight. I currently have the agents in both the primary skll group and the overflow. The primary SG is using skill levels.  What will it do first? Overflow or ring the lower skilled agents? I guess according to Chak it would ring the lower skilled level agents first until the overflow timers kicked in. We have the timers set pretty low. Well is 3mins low?

Thanks,
Carlos

Offline v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 03:38:05 PM »
What are the threshhold times in the agent groups set at?

Try setting the first at 00:05 and the second at 00:30 and see what happens.

Offline ctmedina

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 03:47:15 PM »
Ok I tried to change it to #791 and it is giving me an error stating "the following error was encountered: the directory number is an alert dn in the agent skill group assignemtn form" It will not let me save it.

Even when I try to change it back to #793 it gives me the same error???

Ok it let me cancel and then I was able to save it again with the #793, but not with #791 Does that make sense?

Carlos

Offline v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 04:02:45 PM »
You probably have to delete the line save it and then recreate it with the new DN

If they have another open key you could put 791 on one key and 793 on another to test

Offline ctmedina

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 05:21:01 PM »
That gets me all the time with that and other buttons!  >:(

Do I have to do that when they are logged out? I tried just deleting it, but I got the same error? I know with a MWI you have to clear the mailbox before you can delete the MWI.

Carlos

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 01:03:55 AM »
  3 minutes a a LONG time.  If 2nd/3rd level agents ever get calls now, they will get a LOT LOT more if you just use the skills.

-Chak

Offline v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 08:56:54 AM »
  3 minutes a a LONG time.  If 2nd/3rd level agents ever get calls now, they will get a LOT LOT more if you just use the skills.

-Chak

It all depends on your call center. I have done it as low as 5 seconds and as high as 20 minutes.

Offline ctmedina

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010, 09:11:33 AM »
I had to delete the agent skill group in order to remove the specific group alert from the supervisors phone? It turns out that the alert button was for 793 which was not even in the path assignemt programming at all. It was just 792. The primary SG is 791. So I have removed all the agents from 792 and deleted 793. I have the specific group alert button on for 791 and I removed all overflow values for the acd path which is 258. I have not heard any complaints from the users, but I am not sure if the light is lighting now...Users is remote and I have not heard back from them...

Carlos

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10