Author Topic: Mitel 3300 OS Backup  (Read 2482 times)

Offline alinasery62

• View Profile
Mitel 3300 OS Backup
« on: January 15, 2017, 09:59:02 AM »
Hi
is there any way to take a backup from Operating System located on the hard drive of Appliance ?
i appreciate any help
thanks.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Mitel 3300 OS Backup
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 11:39:54 AM »
Hi
is there any way to take a backup from Operating System located on the hard drive of Appliance ?
i appreciate any help
thanks.
You mean backup the operating system, not just the database? No, not officially.

Outside of that, you could remove the drive and connect it to a PC and use tools like Gparted or Partition Magic to image or duplicate the drive, it would allow you to re-image a new drive, but it would be back to the time you imaged it unless you restored a database backup on top if it. BTW, I have not tested this and partition and drive cloning on unsupported operating systems is questionable at best as a recovery option.

I would suggest either using the officially supported Mitel RAID option, or just getting a second hard drive, install the software and leave it sit as spare. We have a couple customers that do this, and basically every time we upgrade them we do it twice. Upgrade the first drive, backup, then swap drives and upgrade that one and restore the database. I'm not sure it's the best solution but it was their idea.

Offline alinasery62

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 04:49:01 AM »
Thanks for the reply.
Do you think is there any unofficial way?

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 07:12:21 AM »
If you are just looking for the latest backup you can download if from ftp://system:@<your icp IP>:21/vmail/temp/db/archive, there should be a file Ipera3k.dba, download the file and rename it to backup.tar.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 01:49:12 PM »
Thanks for the reply.
Do you think is there any unofficial way?
To backup the operating system? In theory, yes, I mentioned them before, basically you will image the partitions but you will be on your own as I don't know anyone who has ever done this.

Otherwise no, Mitel does not support backing up the operating system, just the database.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10