Author Topic: Secondary extension  (Read 1223 times)

Offline mike.l.donnell

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Secondary extension
« on: December 22, 2016, 01:50:49 PM »
What is the best way to add an extension to another phone and have it flash/ring on that phone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Secondary extension
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 02:11:44 PM »
Could use some version of a hunt group, but my favorite is a SECONDARY CALL KEY.  When a call rings the pilot extension it will also ring that button on your phone.  Cool part is you must press the button to steal the call, meaning your mind is in gear to say "Bob's desk" or whatever instead of your usual personal answer.  You can also use this key like a DSS/BLF to observe status, call and transfer.  Note that when you set it up there's a field for RING WHEN where you can specify whether you want it to ring each time he gets a call or only if he has 2, 3 or whatever calls.

Offline mike.l.donnell

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 02:21:58 PM »
Could use some version of a hunt group, but my favorite is a SECONDARY CALL KEY.  When a call rings the pilot extension it will also ring that button on your phone.  Cool part is you must press the button to steal the call, meaning your mind is in gear to say "Bob's desk" or whatever instead of your usual personal answer.  You can also use this key like a DSS/BLF to observe status, call and transfer.  Note that when you set it up there's a field for RING WHEN where you can specify whether you want it to ring each time he gets a call or only if he has 2, 3 or whatever calls.

When I use a Secondary Extension key it does not ring at the phone I programmed it on. I put x222 on page 2 of x224. It appears there, I can use it to call x222 but it does not flash/ring when 222 is called.

Offline mike.l.donnell

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 02:29:29 PM »

Anything you can think of what I could change to make it work?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 02:43:47 PM »
mike.l.donnell,

How many rings did you set the Secondary Extension for?

Thanks,

TE

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2016, 05:06:24 PM »
Setting you want is 1.  Counter-intuitive, but setting it to 0 causes it to never ring.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10