Author Topic: Locked Voice Mail Box on Mitel Embedded Voice Mail.  (Read 8419 times)

Offline TimPNRHA

• View Profile
Locked Voice Mail Box on Mitel Embedded Voice Mail.
« on: August 05, 2010, 06:41:33 PM »
I have a couple of users who's vm is locked.. I have reset the password and tried and it still stating that their mailbox is locked.. Is there anyway of unlocking this without blowing away the mailbox and starting over???
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 04:08:25 PM by ralph »

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
Re: Locked VM on Embedded
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 07:09:34 PM »
when you reset the password did you put it back to what it was previously? If so it will remain locked. You have to change the password to something other that the password in use when mailbox got locked.

Offline TimPNRHA

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 10:26:57 AM »
I changed it to something completely different.. when I reset the password but now you have me thinking I don't know when the user went and changed it if they reset it to the same thing as before.. I will check that and get back to you..

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 04:07:05 PM »
Thought I'd update this since I had the problem with customer today.
A users mailbox was 'locked out'.   

I tried to duplicate this on our system and I couldn't make it happen.
I looked on MOL to try and find the admin guide for the embedded but couldn't find it.
Then I came back to this forum and did a google search and couldn't find the answer.
So I came back to this forum, did a quick search and guess what I found!!!   The answer.

There is no 'unlock' function.  I was expecting to see a tic-box for this. 

The fix is to change the password to anything other than what it was.   The user can then log back in and change it back to what ever they want.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10