Author Topic: Mitel 5000 - turn on/off busy signal  (Read 3894 times)

Offline plim81

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 5000 - turn on/off busy signal
« on: December 15, 2016, 04:09:40 PM »
Does anyone know how to implement the busy signal while a user is on the phone.  Some users love this feature while others do not.  I want to know exactly where I set this.  I tried searching this forum and I was surprised I didn't find anything.  Exact location would be great.  :)

Patrick

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 - turn on/off busy signal
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 05:17:51 PM »
Busy signal under what conditions?  Intercom? Transferred? Direct Inward Dial?  And you don't want calls to go to voice mail?

Offline plim81

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 06:04:13 PM »

1) I have a user named Sue on her Mitel phone talking with an external user.  She receives another inbound call to her DID and the caller gets a busy signal and it doesn't go to Sue's VM.

2) Also on my Mitel phone, I'm usually on the phone with a local user who just dials my 4-digit extension, I actually want a busy signal so other people know I'm on the phone but it just keeps ringing.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 08:07:17 PM »
A couple of station flags that should get you what you're looking for. DID/E&M Receive Busy Instead of Camp-On fixes the outside calls.  Also try turning off the Camp-On Tones to see if that fixes IC...I think it may disable camp-on completely, not just the tones.  I'm home.  If that doesn't do it set the system timer Camp ON way out there...this controls how long phone rings busy before camping on, so if you set to the max 255 seconds that should discourage any callers.

Offline plim81

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 12:45:34 PM »
Like I was saying, I want the busy signal so people know I'm on the phone.  I've tried many different combinations messing with the Flags but nothing seems to work.  I have the exact same flags as another user yet their busy signal works? 

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 01:09:54 PM »
Experimented with this a bit...calls will ring instead of busy if Dynamic Extension Express (cell phone twinning) is on.  turn it off using feature code 362, see if that fixes it.

Offline plim81

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 03:37:02 PM »
turning off dynamic ext helped a little bit:

Scenario 1:

if I'm on a local phone call with someone else here in the office ie x4325 and someone else from x4399 calls me it will ring busy (great!).

However if I'm on a local phone call with someone else here in the office ie x4325 and someone external calls me from ie. 212-555-1212 it will just keep ringing.  :(

Scenario 2:

if I'm on a external phone call and someone calls me locally is will have a busy signal (great!)

Scenario 3:

If I'm on an external call and someone else calls me externally it will keep ringing.  :(

solved half my issue, thank you, any other suggestions?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2016, 04:19:01 PM »
If the outside party is calling you on your private DID number this is where the DID/E&M RECEIVE BUSY INSTEAD OF CAMPON flag should come in...we use this so inbound fax calls ring busy when fax is in use, for example.  It should prevent a second call from ringing.  How are  the outside calls getting to your individual extension (DID, XFR, Auto attendant)?

Offline plim81

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2016, 04:28:12 PM »
ur awesome dwayneg, wouldn't have figured any of that out myself.    ;D

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10