Author Topic: unable to connect to Mitel 5000  (Read 3810 times)

Offline eia

• View Profile
unable to connect to Mitel 5000
« on: December 14, 2016, 03:40:14 PM »
out of the blue, we are unable to connect to the Mitel 5000 from session manager or the web browser.
The session manager hangs waiting for socket. We are using the default listening port of 44000 and Web listening port of 443. We did verify that we can connect from a PC directly connected to the unit. The PC we are connecting with is onsite, not a remote connection. Anyone have any thoughts? We turned off the firewall on the pc which didn't help.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: unable to connect to Mitel 5000
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 03:54:41 PM »
Can you ping the address of PBX?

Offline eia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 08:47:50 AM »
Thanks for the reply, I should have mentioned that. I am able to ping the PBX. What's weird is that I was able to connect to this fine a week or so ago. I installed the session manager software on a local pc in the lan just in case we could not access the PBX from the wan.

We may have to drive up to the site and direct connect to debug further.  We also rebooted the PBX but that did not help.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 11:07:34 AM »
Going through a customer router? Probably changed something, seen it many times... You call and they say "no, we haven't changed anything" and you go there and find a whole new IP address range and new router or something crazy.

I am betting once you get onsite it will work fine.

Offline eia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 02:23:31 PM »
I know what you mean. Actually, our Vendor suggested we install the session manager on PC's in the local LAN.
In this location I have the session manager software on a local PC to eliminate WAN connection issues.
I have having the connection problem from the local lan PC. Let me know if you have any other ideas?
Thanks!

Offline pexecutone

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 08:31:46 AM »
I have seen this happen a couple of times. Each time I have completely uninstalled the Session Manager from the PC and reinstalled the program and it would still hang. I ended up installing Session Manager on a different local PC and it worked. My guess is something in the PC is preventing it from going all the way.

Offline eia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 02:59:26 PM »
Thanks for the reply, indeed we were able to connect to it from another PC.
Not sure why the install on the local PC isn't working. We tried a reboot but no luck. We'll try a re-install and see if that works

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10