Author Topic: Routing "0" to operator.  (Read 8827 times)

Offline hsearson

• View Profile
Routing "0" to operator.
« on: August 04, 2010, 11:55:09 AM »
Our client has a MCD 4.1 with multiple locations running off the single controller. I am using Intercept Handling to route 0 to the receptionist extension at the moment but I it is catching other 'unassigned extensions' and routing it to the receptionist as well. 

Would it be easier to route "0" in the ARS and use the COR to seperate the different location's answer points via Routing lists?

If so how is it done in the ARS route form??

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Routing "0" to operator.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 01:53:40 PM »
I would think the easiest thing to do would be to program 0 in the system speed dial form and point it to what/who ever is handling those calls.   That way you would have to mess with ARS.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:31:16 PM by ralph »

Offline hsearson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 02:01:32 PM »
yes that would work but we have multiple buildings running off the controller

CHS - 0 to 1843
EE -   0 to 2940
JWE-  0 to 2540

Each location is it's own entity with a receptionist at each location. So chs pressing 0 needs to answer somewhere different from EE.
Right now I have no 0 programmed and I am using the intercept option to direct it to an extension.  it works except every invalid extension dialed will go to that extension.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 02:44:36 PM »
So I can infer that you have your system speed dial shared between sites.
Thinking......
Still thinking......
Can you set up a phantom '0' on each controller and then forward it?

Ralph
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 08:42:36 AM by ralph »

Offline hsearson

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 04:22:46 PM »
I would be there is only one controller. This school district decided to put every school on one MCD Controller, using embedded voice mail, etc...

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 04:57:45 PM »
Isn't tennanting license included now on MCD? If so put them in different tennants and you should be able to define a 0 ext for each tennant.

Offline v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 07:49:16 PM »
Isn't tennanting license included now on MCD? If so put them in different tennants and you should be able to define a 0 ext for each tennant.

X2

This is how I have done it in the past

Offline hsearson

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 11:10:08 AM »
I may clueless on this part, I know how to make this work on a 200 ICP but not on a 3300, I can put each group of stations in different tenants but as for routing default operators to a specific location I have yet to find a option that says, route default operator here for Day, N1, and N2. 

I did use the intercept handling form to send unassigned directory numbers to a station but it also bring mis-dials there too.

Now I have seperate tenants for each location with the trunks, voicemail port tennants and record a call vmail port tenants able to be called from all other tennants.  Now where can I assign a default operator for each tennant?

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 06:18:47 PM »
from the 3300 helpfile:

In a non-tenant-based system, dialing zero rings all attendants in the system. In a tenant-based system, dialing zero from a set only rings the attendants assigned to that set's tenant (as programmed in the IP Console Configuration and DNI Console Configuration forms). You can give other tenants permission to use a given tenant's attendant using the Tenant Assignment form. This automatically gives the tenant's attendant permission to call the other tenants' sets.

For example, if tenant 3 gives tenant 2 permission to use its (tenant 3) attendants, tenant 2's sets can call tenant 3's attendants, but not tenant 3's sets (unless also given permission); in addition,  tenant 3's attendants are automatically given permission to call tenant 2's sets.

Offline misbah1981

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2018, 03:45:03 AM »
HI All,

facing issue with Mitel Intercept handing please can any one tell me the the procedure how configure below
when off hock the phone no body dial within 15 second call goes automatic to operator.
please guide me

Thanks in Advance

Offline ckonrad

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2018, 03:35:54 PM »
Instead of using unassigned extension create an extension 0 and make in say interconnect restriction #2 all other phones being interconnect restriction #1 restrict #1 from #2 and in intercept handling set up a different intercept handling for each group using interconnect restriction to their specific operator. everyone is blocked from 0 and will route to correct operator via intercept handling.

Craig

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2018, 07:39:15 PM »
If you have enterprise licensing, you can do it using loopback trunks

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10