Author Topic: IP Trunking issues  (Read 4219 times)

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
IP Trunking issues
« on: August 04, 2010, 09:02:14 AM »
Let me start by saying I know this isn't a supported setup, but it does work, for the most part.

I have a customer that has 8 3300's running MCD 4.0 SP2, 1 3300 running rel 8 (I think), and 5 SX-200 sites with IP nodes. They have IP trunks that connect to one another by either point to point T1s or MPLS circuits with crap for bandwidth. I control the point to point sites and their Corp. IT guys handle the MPLS (tallk about a nightmare scenerio). All was well before the MPLS replaced what were DLS connections. Now 4 of the MPLS sites work fine and one has one way audio, the 200 side can hear but the 3300 side cannot. It was requested that I enable G.729 for those sites. I enabled it on the SX-200s and the older rel 3300 which acts as a gateway to the 200 sites. My question is will this actually compress the file size or do I need compression on the 3300s where the phones are registered?

I have tried to explain that the network has issues but since it is a "phone issue" of course it is my fault and not anyone else. I may still have something wrong but I don't think that I am 100% of the cause so I came here for suggestions.

Help!

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: IP Trunking issues
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 09:32:26 AM »
Sounds like two questions:
  - 1 way audio
  - Compression

The two aren't related.
For question 1: 1 way audio is almost always network.   wrong gateway or firewall would be my guess.  (Good luck working with the network guys on this)
Try using the teleworker TNA software to troubleshoot.   Put your laptop on the voice vlan and test to the 3300/200.   Compare a known working site with the known bad.
This has saved me a couple of times because it's hard for the network guys to dispute a difference. (although they always do...)

As for compression.  I think you have to have compression on the controller the phones are registered to.   Not sure, just my guess.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 04:25:32 PM by ralph »

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 09:48:05 AM »
What is the TW TNA software? I have never heard of that. Is it something I can download from MOL?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 09:58:51 AM »
It's included with the Teleworker server.   
Log into any teleworker server, go to diagnostics and you can download it there.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 04:25:43 PM by ralph »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10