Author Topic: NuPoint - Transfer directly to mailbox greeting  (Read 6695 times)

Offline vlevalois

• Contributer
    • View Profile
NuPoint - Transfer directly to mailbox greeting
« on: July 27, 2010, 07:21:33 PM »
I'm familiar with the *nnnn method for the embedded 3300 VM but that doesn't work for the NP.  Is there a preferred method for transferring a call directly to a user's mailbox without all the dialing hassle?

Thanks!

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: NuPoint - Transfer directly to mailbox greeting
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 08:09:57 AM »
The only way I know to do it, is to create a "Voicemail Transfer Box."

What I do is create a Call Director voicemail box, linked to a phantom hunt group that is call re-routed always to the voicemail pilot number, lets say 550.

I then setup the menu in the call director section. First, set the menu to accept the same number of digits as however long your extension numbers are. (If your extension numbers are 3 digits, this needs to be 3 digits.) I then tell the "multi-key" function of the menu to route to a voicemail box. Within this option, I tell it to route based on "gathered digits." You then need to record the call director greeting for this mailbox, something like "Please enter the extension number of the user whose voicemail box you wish to transfer the caller to."

Then when a caller wishes to go into the voicemail of extension 200, you conf/transfer to 550, enter extension 200, and hang-up immediately. The caller will hear 200's greeting and be able to leave a message.

If you have a User/Device license you can burn, I've been playing with setting this up as a phatom extension instead of a hunt group. That way it can be a Dss/Blf on phones, and cuts down on the number of steps...

Unless someone who has more experience with NuPoint has a better way....

Offline v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 04:51:58 PM »
Try this

1.Build a phantom extension or hunt group you might have to try it both ways of *+extension number
2. reroute that extension or hunt group always to your voice mail pilot number
3. call *+ext number see where it goes

Offline vlevalois

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 05:24:24 PM »
Try this

1.Build a phantom extension or hunt group you might have to try it both ways of *+extension number
2. reroute that extension or hunt group always to your voice mail pilot number
3. call *+ext number see where it goes

Tried it, and it doesn't work, the caller only hears the auto attendant greeting, not the user's greeting.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 09:04:05 PM »
Its been my experience that using *ext doesn't work on NuPoint....

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10