Author Topic: Mitel 5448 PKM keys are disabled while in a call  (Read 3978 times)

Offline gpatchev

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 5448 PKM keys are disabled while in a call
« on: July 20, 2010, 04:59:06 PM »
We have a 3300 with our receptionists using 5324 sets with 2 5448 PKM expansions.

When they are in a call you cannot use the 5448 buttons unless it is a call transfer.

What we are trying to do is give them the ability to transfer to voicemail directly. What they do is press the transfer button, then press a speedcall to extension 1002 (this is the voicemail direct deposit extension) and then we would like them to press the button on the 5448. However they cannot. The buttons are disabled.

Anyway to keep the 5448 buttons enabled all of the time?

Also, is there a way to program one of the softkeys on the 5324 to send call transfer + 1002?

Thanks.

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
Re: Mitel 5448 PKM keys are disabled while in a call
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 09:34:12 PM »
  I'm curious on this one myself as it has been asked for and I haven't yet found an elegant way to pull it off.

-Chak

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 09:28:36 AM »
Haven't thought of this.  I've always explained to the customer how it works and left it at that.  No one has asked me to do this on a Mitel although I've done it on other systems.

So, thinking out loud here...
A DSS button will be disabled while the set is connected.   So you can't use a DSS button.
A speed dial button may be able to do it (I'd have to try it to be sure) but that disables busy lamp lights.
Nothing easy here.   I'll give it some more thought.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 04:26:50 PM by ralph »

Offline gpatchev

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 09:47:39 AM »
I have given up on this one.

I believe you have to choose your poison here.

Either you have the button set up as a speedcall button to be able to use it while in a call (losing the busy indicator) or set it up as a DSS/Busy (loose the function in a call) and get the busy light.

If you can think of a clever work around to get the both features please let me know.

Thanks.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10