Author Topic: Users still dialling externally to get internal numbers.Can i reroute internally  (Read 2500 times)

ffc1876

We hav just installed a new MITEL System across our company and users are still dialling externally using 9 followed by the DDI rather than using the internal extension number. Is there a way that these calls can be rerouted so that they never go external? I know this can be done as I have done it before. However I have forgotten as it is years since I have last done it.
Any help would be appreciated. ???

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
If you have a particular block of numbers that belong to you it will be easy. You could do several different things, strip digits down to the extension number and send them internally that way. Block it with a COR or Interconnect, send them to a mailbox that yells at them. Many options here, just depends on how creative or annoying you want to get.

The route to strip them may be your easiest solution, how many sites are we talking about and are the extensions in blocks based off of the sites?

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
If I can read between the lines on your email, you have multiple sites, all tied to gether with IP trunks and you want to make them dial over the IP trunks to save on toll.

Mattmayn is correct.  Easist thing to do is just create a route for the numbers, strip off whatever digits you don't need and send the calls over the SIP trunks.
It's a simple thing to do for 3300 tech.   Actually pretty basic .

Ralph
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 04:55:36 PM by ralph »

Offline hsearson

• View Profile
create some kind of route that sends them to a info only box explaining they don't have to dial all 7 digits anymore and to reprogram their speedcall buttons with with just the 4 digit extension numbers.  Also explain to them about the DSS/BLF feature too. Now they can see when someone they always call is on their extension but you can only dss/blf any given extension a max of 16 times.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10