Author Topic: Deleting an extension number, what am I missing?  (Read 10871 times)

Reliance

Deleting an extension number, what am I missing?
« on: June 30, 2010, 10:49:52 AM »
I'm having an issue that I can't seem to fix. I had an user set up with an extension number, set to VM only, with no actual phone as he was not working from our office. He has just moved in the office and I'm trying to set up a phone for him. Now, when I try to add him under User Assignments, I get an error that the number already exists in the directory. Ok, so I went ahead and deleted the VM box, thinking that's what's holding it up. Nope, same thing again. That extension number is NOT listed in Multiline IP Set Configuration, User Configuration or Telephone Directory Assignment. The only reference of it that I found was in the Call Rerouting Assignment, where that line was set to always go to VM, which I changed. Now, where else is this extension set, so I can delete it, or is there someway to get around setting up the user with the existing extension. Also, is there an Administrator's Guide for the system available anywhere? The only think I'm finding is user guides for the different phones. Thank you for all your help.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 10:55:05 AM by Reliance »

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Deleting an extension number, what am I missing?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 11:05:11 AM »
Two things you can do.
1- go to maintenance commands and enter "locate number <ext number>"    That will point you in the right direction.
2- look in the "Multiline set Group assignment" form.  Search for it.  Chances are you will find it as a key on a phone.

Ralph
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 10:39:38 AM by ralph »

Reliance

Re: Deleting an extension number, what am I missing?
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 11:32:09 AM »
Thank you, that did it. It was like you said, set as a key on a phone.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10