Author Topic: Voice mail and recorded prompts skipping and choppy  (Read 8479 times)

tnorman

Voice mail and recorded prompts skipping and choppy
« on: June 28, 2010, 01:53:21 PM »
I have a 3300 with NuPoint UM and had an issue develop a couple of months ago where voice mails, and at one point pre-recorded greetings, are choppy and will skip. The only thing that has changed on our network is a Sonicwall router was replaced (exact same one as was previously in place). Mitel is stating the issue is related to our network, but it appears to me it is an issue with the NuPoint server. There are no issues with live calls, only recorded messages and greetings.

An example of the problem, if you leave a message and count 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 what you may hear on playback is 1,2,4,5,6,8,10 or 1,2,3,3,4,5,6,5,6,8,9,10. Has anyone experienced a similar problem or does anyone have any suggestions?

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Voice mail and recorded prompts skipping and choppy
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 01:56:24 PM »
The only time I've seen anything similar is with an HP server being used for the voicemail, and the original install tech didn't turn something off within the BIOS relating to the hard drive that should have been. How old is the install, and on what hardware?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 02:11:42 PM »
You've caught my interest.....
We have the exact thing going on with one of ours.  Only happens with greetings and prompts.
bluewhite4, can you possibly find out what the BIOS setting is?

Ralph
Data Conference Service Providers

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 02:17:13 PM »
In our case, this is for a HP ML 110 G5

2.In the BIOS menu, under Advanced > Advanced Chipset Control, ensure the following settings:

■Serial ATA [Enabled]

■Native Mode Operation [Serial ATA]

■SATA RAID Enable [Disabled]

I believe that the SATA RAID was enabled from the factory and still set that way until I changed it.

tnorman

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 04:34:17 PM »
The system was installed in December 2008. Up until two months ago, everything was working fine. To back track slightly, we had an electrician flip a circuit breaker that cut the power to my server room. Everything was on UPS devices with the exception of my router at the time. The router was fried. When we replaced the router, it was discovered by Mitel that we had in IP conflict on VLAN2. The original router was programmed at one point to handle DHCP but it did not work properly. We then installed an HP Procurve switch that is handling DHCP for both 10. and 20. The system ran for more than a year with this IP conflict without an issue. The new router was configured without the IP conflict.

Back to the Nupoint server question, it is an HP Proliant (specific model escapes me at the time) A network tech from Mitel remoted into the server and noticed the CPU's were spiking at 99% quite often, which he stated was not right. I have a feeling the issue is related to the server, but have been going back and forth with Mitel. They think the issue is with the router, but the router does not come into play at all when dealing with voice calls.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 04:43:46 PM »
Since you pointed out the cpu issue, I'm in agreement with you that that is more than likely the issue. Is it under software assurance by any chance? I'm thinking a reformat and reload might fix the issue.

tnorman

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 08:18:00 PM »
We are under a total solutions lease/rental, and a reformat/reinstall/upgrade is the next step. Of course Mitel is dragging their feet slightly because of the time involved, but I am pushing them that direction.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 09:09:56 PM »
As a last ditch thing, have you tried and offline verification of the NuPoint database?

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2010, 09:34:06 PM »
  I believe the NuPoint has some linux commands that may help isolate what process is eating the CPU.  Top comes to mind....

-Chak

tnorman

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 12:45:13 PM »
After weeks of going back and forth with Mitel, they finally isolated the system on a switch they provided to determine if the issue was related to our network traffic or the Nupoint server as I insisted. It was the Nupoint server. Now they are going to have to reformat the server and re-install the configuration according to the tech. That is fine if the issue is software related, but if it is hardware related that will not solve the problem.

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, 09:44:57 PM »
  Well, it will be interesting.  Please let us know how it all turns out....

-Chak

Offline ccuster

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2013, 11:50:41 AM »
I am curious to know if the problem was ever resolved. We are beginning to experience the same sparatic distortion.

I did not notice it until I upgraded to the newest version and because it was a few versions behind, it needed a format & reload to upgrade. Erroring on the side of caution, I pulled the original install drives and replaced them with new - just incase I had to revert back.

When the problem came to my attention I immediately thought maybe there was something wrong with the harddrives I used. Network congestion also occured to me as the few complaints seemed to come more from some of our remote offices which have smaller lanspan circuits than our larger facilities. Both message playback and embedded system greetings are affected.

We ar running nupoint on sunfire hardware w/ hp edge switches and cores

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10