Author Topic: SDS Distribution Error - Mitel 3300 MXe-III  (Read 8679 times)

Offline Devyn204

• Contributer
    • View Profile
SDS Distribution Error - Mitel 3300 MXe-III
« on: July 26, 2016, 06:03:20 PM »
Hi,

I am fairly new to Mitel so you can say I am somewhat of a novice. I am getting an error when logging into my Mitel 3300 MXe-III (Screenshot attached Below):

"There are unresolved SDS Distribution Errors on this network element. These should be addressed in the SDS Distribution Errors form. Until you do so, your data is not in sync."

The first thing I did was navigate to that 'SDS Distribution Errors' page. From there I found the SDS Distribution error and pin pointed where it was coming from (see below for attached info screenshot). It seems to be originating from an extension (9522) and the action that was done is 'modify'. It looks like someone tried to setup a Multiline Set Key on button number '4' but this error/reason appeared and caused the SDS error:

"The directory number cannot be configured as a key appearance because it has already been programmed in a remote node."

I went into that number on the Mitel and made sure to clear key 4, but the error still persists. What should I do to remediate this error so this popup box doesn't appear on login and logout any longer? There is an option to 'retry' or even 'delete' but i'm not to familiar with the system thus far. Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: SDS Distribution Error - Mitel 3300 MXe-III
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 07:22:58 PM »
my 1st guess would be that you are adding key appearances to a phone that is either not resilient or is resilient to a different controller.

Check the that the resilience of the phones match first.

Ralph

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 09:51:24 AM »
Hi,

I am fairly new to Mitel so you can say I am somewhat of a novice. I am getting an error when logging into my Mitel 3300 MXe-III (Screenshot attached Below):

"There are unresolved SDS Distribution Errors on this network element. These should be addressed in the SDS Distribution Errors form. Until you do so, your data is not in sync."

The first thing I did was navigate to that 'SDS Distribution Errors' page. From there I found the SDS Distribution error and pin pointed where it was coming from (see below for attached info screenshot). It seems to be originating from an extension (9522) and the action that was done is 'modify'. It looks like someone tried to setup a Multiline Set Key on button number '4' but this error/reason appeared and caused the SDS error:

"The directory number cannot be configured as a key appearance because it has already been programmed in a remote node."

I went into that number on the Mitel and made sure to clear key 4, but the error still persists. What should I do to remediate this error so this popup box doesn't appear on login and logout any longer? There is an option to 'retry' or even 'delete' but i'm not to familiar with the system thus far. Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,
The errors won't just "disappear", after you correct the issue(s) with the keys, you need to manually delete the SDS updates then perform a full sync and check the logs for errors.

After that, I would do a "locate number xxxx" on the number that you wanted to add to the key, my guess is that it's already a RDN somewhere in the network.

Offline Devyn204

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 09:52:25 AM »
Ralph,

What exactly do you mean by 'check the resilience of the phones match first'? Also I forgot to mention that this number (9522) is a Hot Desking User with no device actually assigned to the extension (See below)

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 09:57:47 AM »
The device registers to a specific controller.
In the User and device form you will see what controller it it registered to.
Below that is a drop down box that will show you the resilient controller you've assigned.
I'm betting that you're hot desk phone is not resilient to any controller.

Ralph

Offline Devyn204

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 10:06:37 AM »
Ralph,

I believe it is registered to the specific controller (HQ) and is synced to all other remote controllers, although, I can not locate those settings you are talking about.

Under 'Users and Devices' I search the number (9522) and press 'Change' but I do not see where it displays which control it is registered to or whether it is resilient to any controller or not. I may attempt the resolution above suggested by acejavelin. He suggests to delete the SDS error since i've already resolved the issue on key 4 and then sync again to see if there are any errors in the logs.

Thanks, any suggestions still welcome.

Offline Devyn204

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 11:16:26 AM »
After clearing the key on the number 9522 and deleting the error from the SDS Distribution Error (All) form the issue is now resolved. I waited a bit for the sync to take place and all is good!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10