Author Topic: NuPoint voicemail to email and Blackberry  (Read 10379 times)

Offline vlevalois

• Contributer
    • View Profile
NuPoint voicemail to email and Blackberry
« on: June 21, 2010, 06:41:59 PM »
Hello!  I'm new to this forum and hope someone can help out with a vm to email problem.

We're running MAS 2.0 with NuPoint 14.0.1.7 and MCD 4.1 SP1.  I've set Advanced UM to the MAPI option (as specified by Mitel for proper voicemail delivery to Blackberrys) for the Mail Server which is Exchange 2003 SBS.  Yet, no emails appear in Blackberrys, only in the Outlook clients.  Something tells me this is either an Exchange configuration or a BB server issue... If anyone's had experience with this I'd appreciate any help I can get!

Thanks.

Vince

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
Re: NuPoint voicemail to email and Blackberry
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 11:59:07 PM »
  Are the Exchange clients only running MAPI (IE: they dont' have an IMAP to the NuPoint?)

I just had to ask - it seems to me on the surface that if it shows up int he inbox it should show on the BB.  Then again, BB's with BES can be weird little animals....

-Chak

Offline vlevalois

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 12:33:45 PM »
Correct, the clients are only connecting to the Exchange server unless they also added IMAP to other outside servers, which should be irrelevant.  I agree that it should show up, but that's not happening :(

Offline vlevalois

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 11:53:40 AM »
Sorry to bump this, but does anyone have any other ideas to offer about this problem?

Thanks!

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 11:51:39 PM »
  This one will be a bit tricky without building it in the lab.  I would expect more clue's in the BES logs (text and windows event) as well as the application logs on the Exchange.  There is clearly something that NuPoint's MAPI connector does that doesn't trigger the BES to sync the message - I just don't know what that something is.....

Sorry, not much help I know.  Be sure and let us know when you figure it out!

-Chak

Offline vlevalois

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 05:29:03 PM »
Turns out that when you set the NuPoint to MAPI, the NuPoint doesn't really do anything different with the message.  It actually still sends it as IMAP, however it lets you specify up to 6 MAPI Gateways, which is Mitel software installed on a separate Windows machine living on the same domain as the Exchange server with a superuser account with the right permissions to send to the Exchange server.  The MAPI gateway converts the inbound IMAP message to MAPI, thus now making it readable by the BES (i.e. headers, etc.).

So the bottom line is that you need a separate Windows machine to make this work.  Supposedly it is because MAPI cannot work in a Linux environment due to its proprietary Microsoft nature, so Mitel can't embed it in the MAS/NuPoint.

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 06:59:37 PM »
  Sorry, I made the incorrect assumption that you had the MAPI gateway software running.....

-Chak

Offline vlevalois

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 04:59:12 PM »
Created a superuser account on the domain/exchange and prep'd an XP Pro machine with the user as local admin.  installed the MAPI GW software and when i try to establish the configuration, I get:

Failed to Create Mapi Profile

Details:

Caller Info:
Failed to Create Mapi Profile.

Function OnOK
File .\MapiGwConfigDig.cpp
Line 683

Cellee Info:
Failed to MAPIInitialize hRes:0x80004005

Function CreateMAPIProfile
File .\MapiGwConfigDig.cpp
Line 2363

Anybody else encounter this problem?

Thanks.

Offline vlevalois

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 03:51:44 PM »
Figured out the problem.  The Exchange Server 2003 management tools were not installed on the XP machine.  Once those were properly installed the setup took and voicemail emails are flowing to Outlook, but still not in blackberries!  NP is configured to point to the MAPI GW as required and verifies connection... now I'm really at a loss.

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 07:32:42 PM »
  If I remember right, can't the Mapi Gateway be configured to use IMAP or MAPI?  It would need to be set to MAPI.  Then again I may be full of it :)

-Chak

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 01:33:09 PM »
Just found out that someone in our office appears to be dealing with the same issue.   Not working with Blackberries.

Watching this thread carefully to see if someone comes up with the answer.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 01:43:07 PM by ralph »

Offline vlevalois

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 02:44:32 PM »
We have it working with the MAPI GW, however it's buggy.  Just this morning I found the GW service stopped and it won't start back up unless I re-enter the credentials in the service... strange!  The newest version of NP 14.1.0.38 apparently has a new feature where you can specify a mailbox to be a BB user.  Not sure if that does away with the GW but will see, downloaded all of the modules today and will try.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10