Author Topic: Voice Mailbox for a group  (Read 7524 times)

jeanfrancoismelancon

Voice Mailbox for a group
« on: June 21, 2010, 03:35:02 PM »
A bit new to Mitel ICP3300. I didn't installed and configured the system but I need to add some features.

I need to setup a Mailbox that will be used by 4-5 people. A DID goes to a hunt group (750) and at nigth is redirected to VoiceMail.

I created a Mailbox for my hunt group (750) (maybe this is something wrong here) and everything work fine except that I can't put a MWI through the phone feature keys... I get a "wrong number".

Anybody can point me out on what is the best way to have: DID redirected to 2 lines on multiple phones and get 1 mailbox for those with a Message Waiting Indicator on all of those phones?

Thanks to everyone

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Voice Mailbox for a group
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 04:22:02 PM »
Well, we can do the easy way or the hard way...

The problem is you can have a MWI key for a hunt group.

The easy way is to just put a multicall key or two on everyone's phone you'd have in the hunt group.   Then you can put a MWI key on some phones.

The hard way is to put a Keyline on everyone's phone, then forward it on a busy condition to the hunt group.  The keyline has to match your mailbox number.   You forward it to your hunt group on a busy and to voicemail on a no answer.   You can then put a MWI key of the keyline on everyones phone.

Ralph
baby supplies

jeanfrancoismelancon

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 09:29:02 AM »
The easy way doesn't seem to work.

When I put a Multicall 550 on a phone I get a "The directory number is in use elsewhere". My hunt groiup is 550 (witch is Voice Mailbox 550).

Am I doing something wrong here ? :)

Offline Mitel100

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 11:16:47 AM »
You will need to remove the hunt group and then add the multicall keys to the phones. You will then be able to add the MWI key.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 11:23:03 AM »
You have to delete the hunt group 1st.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:45:43 PM by ralph »

jeanfrancoismelancon

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 01:18:00 PM »
Thanks guys it works :)

The only thing is that if I have 2 phones with 2 lines (551, 552) on each phone for my group/DID (550/xxx) then I have to put a WMI for 551 and one for 552 (maybe one on each phone).

Is there a way to have the same MWI for all the lines (probably not the easy way :) )?

Anyhow thanks a lot

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 01:37:19 PM »
Not easily.   It would require some ACD programming that would be difficult to explain here.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:45:56 PM by ralph »

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 03:23:24 PM »
I thought that in the past, if you created a hunt group, and had the first member of the hunt group be a key-system key of a unconnected ONS port, it would correctly light an MWI of that ONS port.

So my hunt group would be 200, with key-system key members 201-204. 201 is actually a ONS port. I could then create a mailbox for 200, which would light an MWI for 201.

(The kicker is that I tried to do this exact thing today, which I swear I've done in the past, and the MWI doesn't work correctly. It lights but when pressed doesn't go to the correct mailbox.)

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 03:36:15 PM »
yes, I've done it that way too.   But for some reason I'm thinking it didn't work if the VM was embedded on the local 3300.
We used to do that alot on the 2k.   You always had to be sure that the first member of the HG was the lowest number numerically or if you ever did a data restore it would mess things up.

I find it much easier when I have to, to set up a key appearance with a MWI key that is forwarded to a HG on a busy condition.   That way you can simulate a key system.
Ralph
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:46:10 PM by ralph »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10