Author Topic: # tone on disconnect  (Read 2911 times)

ralph123

# tone on disconnect
« on: June 18, 2010, 03:47:21 AM »
I have a Mitel 330 ICP system.  Fairly simple system with 30ish analog and 6 digital phones.  No voicemail or special stuff.  We do have an output from the system that runs to a PA system.   This acts as a phone you call into (Line 500 with speed dial of 0 set in system).

Anyways,  when someone calls the paging system and leaves a message if they hang up the phone and don't enter the message termination key that the paging system requires (#) then it causes some extra tones.

I know how to get into the Mitel system and navigate thru the configuration settings.

Now to my question.   How/where is there a setting change that I can make where when calling any number on the system it transmits a (#) when the line is disconnected (hangup)?  This could be a setting that would just effect the one output line (500) or something that effects all calls. either way would work.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: # tone on disconnect
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 06:20:58 AM »
I think I understand....

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
You have an analog station port connected to a page system that sends out dial tone over the PA after the user hangs up.

Here's my first guess at this.   Rather than sending out a #, program the analog port connected to it to be a "non-busy" extension.   No more dial tone.   You'll have to go through the help docs for the "how-to" but it should be pretty simple.

A "non-busy" extension never gives out dial tone and can't dial anywhere.   Originally designed to be an emergency type extension, if it is in use, the next call automatically barges in.   Therefore *non-Busy*.

Ralph

« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 04:51:46 PM by ralph »

ralph123

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 08:05:36 PM »
Thanks,

That worked.  Not as good as having the system emit a (#) at hangup since the paging system doesn't see the hangup as end of message so keeps recording silence for some time during which no one else can use the paging system.   While this is better then before (no broadcast of dial tone) it would be even better if there was a way to transmit (#) at disconnect.

Ralph

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 08:49:59 AM »
That is certainly the easiest way to do it.   There is another way but it involves loop back trunks and some very complicated programming that I don't think I could explain here.

Ralph
BTW: it's good to see there is another 'Ralph' around here.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 08:32:38 AM by ralph »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10