Author Topic: MCD 4.x licensing issue  (Read 5559 times)

Offline octelxpert

• View Profile
MCD 4.x licensing issue
« on: June 16, 2010, 10:35:55 AM »
I'm provisioning a new MCD CXII controller and have 16 MCD standard users. I've sync'd the system to AMC but the standard user licenses don't show up in the system as IP licenses. They show in AMC and that they have been downloaded but not in the License and Option selection of the system.

I know the license is a "universal" type license. Am I missing a step (or more) to assign the license as IP sets vs. SIP stations or ONS stations?

This system is MCD 4.0 SP3 as well.

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
Re: MCD 4.x licensing issue
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 02:16:06 PM »
what was your base package for the CXII?

Offline octelxpert

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 12:22:53 AM »
I found the issue. The new licenses are a new part number for release 4.1 systems only. The licenses won't appear until an upgrade to 4.1 is performed.

I've also found out that new systems shipped after May 2010 contain a dual image with both 4.0 and 4.1 software loads. This is to accommodate systems that aren't going to support SDS and continue to use OpsMan. The dual boot will allow the migration to SDS Extended Mode.

The package is listed below with some excerpts from release notes.

1     x     MCD: Standalone PBX Software
8    x    3300 ICP: 1 Mailbox license

Options Summary:    
Option    Value
MCD Advanced Voice Mail     Enabled
MCD Network/Digital Link     1
MCD Mailbox     8
MCD Remote Management     Enabled
MCD Standard Users     16
MCD Tenanting     Enabled
Software version:    
Software    Version
3300 ICP / MCD   

Dual Image Media (MCD 4.1 SP1 and MCD 4.0 SP3) on Hard Disk Drives(HDD), Solid State Drives(SSD) and Flash Media for MXe, CX/CXi (II) and AX. Note: MXE Server, ISS and MiCD are not supporting Dual Image Media.

Starting in May 2010 media shipped from the factory will contain images with MCD 4.1 SP1 and MCD 4.0 SP3. The system will boot up on MCD 4.1 SP1 partition by default. The SWAP command can be used from ESM to then boot MCD 4.0 SP3 partition. When MCD 4.0 SP3 is booted, the first ESM access will prompt the user for Classic or Common Data Distributed Telephone Directory Synchronization (see Appendix A).

Conditions
a.   This is the second MCD release that only supports Common Data Distribution Mode/SDS Extended mode i.e. New MCD 4.1 installs run in Common Data Distribution Mode/SDS Extended mode only. Note: see Dual Image Media in Product Enhancement section of this document.
b.   All existing MCD/3300ICPs in a single network/cluster domain must be upgraded to MCD 4.0 first and then migrate to SDS Extended mode (page 28).  If one of MCD/3300ICPs in a single network/cluster domain has not been migrated to SDS Extended mode, do not perform upgrade on any system to MCD 4.1
      It

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 11:03:12 PM »
  Good info Octel - thanks!

-Chak

« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 11:13:42 PM by Chakara »

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 04:13:00 AM »
I think you will find all new issue licenses are 4.1 only now. Mitel have issued a intention to MD the old license part numbers (well at least in the uk anyway). I know at the moment you can still order 'old' licenses but only if the system you are ordering for has software assurance and only until june next year. After that everything will have to be 4.1 or above if its not then you wont be able to buy new licenses for it.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10