Author Topic: OCS 2007 R2 Integration - Use OC without Mitel Deskphone  (Read 2846 times)

Offline gpatchev

• Contributer
    • View Profile
OCS 2007 R2 Integration - Use OC without Mitel Deskphone
« on: June 03, 2010, 02:04:31 PM »
We currently have OCS 2007 R2 installed and configured with the Mitel 3300 and Mitel LBG. We also have Exchange 2007 integrated. All works well.

However not all of our users have Mitel deskpnones. When a user does not have a deskphone or are not logged into a phone (hot desk user) the OC (Office Communicator) softphone will not receive the call.

Only when the users is logged into the Mitel system will they have the deskphone and OC simultaniously ring.

Any idea how to have OC ring when the user is not logged into the Mitel system?

Thanks.

Offline gpatchev

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: OCS 2007 R2 Integration - Use OC without Mitel Deskphone
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 05:18:43 PM »
I know exactly what you are doing. We are doing the same and have it working.

We set up our hot desk users to have an external dialing prefix and hot desk external number. In our case the prefix is 8.

We then configure the 3300 to route all call that begin with 8 over the sip trunk to the mediation server.

In AD you must not use the checkbox for PBX integration. This will allow those hot desk users to configure their OCS to simultaniously ring the OCS extension and their mitel extension and their cell phone.

Make sense?

I can assist further if you need.

Offline warden42

• View Profile
Re: OCS 2007 R2 Integration - Use OC without Mitel Deskphone
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 06:01:52 AM »
Firstly, Sorry for digging up an old post!

Would it be possible to post me your config or go into it in a little more depth? I've been trying to implement what you have for a while and seem to be going round in circles.

I can get calls to route from the OCS client out through the mediation server to the mitel 3300/desk phones just fine. The problem I have is getting the desk phone to call the OCS client; I either get an "out-of-service" or a "mediation busy" message (mediation being the sip trunk name).

Any help you could give me on this would be great - Like normal, the boss is keen to see this working!

Thanks,

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10