Author Topic: L2 switch and POE problems on CXi and CXiII  (Read 5020 times)

Offline Northeaster

• View Profile
L2 switch and POE problems on CXi and CXiII
« on: June 02, 2010, 02:01:41 PM »
Hi folks,

we have downgraded / manually installed older version (9.0.0.41) on two CXis (which I have done often) and manually reinstalled the same version (10.0.2. on a CXiII. This is in a lab environment. One still works fine. The other CXi and the CXiII both are having problems, where the built in 16 port switch on one is not giving power to IP switches, nor Lan connectivity / DHCP, despite DHCP being enabled.
The other one has LAN connectivity on the 16 port switch, but no POE (The ports all have power set to auto in programming).

We did turn the DBMS flag on (DBMS save) before enabling DHCP, and have loaded our License options / passwords and rebooted.

Now running 4.0 on both machines.

Any thoughts?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: L2 switch and POE problems on CXi and CXiII
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 08:42:37 AM »
My first thought would be that the POE has gone bad.
But just in case, you can do a quick test and take the hard drive and sysID from the working system and put then in the switch with the problem.   If it works then just reload the software again because something didn't take right.   If it doesn't work, send it in for repair.

Ralph
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 08:13:00 AM by ralph »

Offline Northeaster

• View Profile
Re: L2 switch and POE problems on CXi and CXiII
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 05:39:54 PM »
Ralph,   thanks for the reply!  Somehow the L2 Ip address got changed to 0.0.0.0. I didn't notice it, as it had been Ok earlier. As soon as it was put back in, both the ethernet connectivity and the POE returned (after a reboot).

As for the CXi that has no POE, but has ethernet connectivity on the ports 1-16, we discovered a loose / broken off part (small round cylinder thing) that must have been damaged when shipping between sites. Despite being in a protective hard case, and padded, the shipping was so rough that the power supply was completely loose from the back case (screw had come vibrated out I guess). It may have knocked off this other part when bouncing around loose. I have another CXi and will have to take them apart to see where the part came from. May be possible to solder it back on.

Thanks again!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10