Author Topic: Mitel 3300 voicemail ext.  (Read 20146 times)

Offline dkitsos81

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 3300 voicemail ext.
« on: May 27, 2010, 09:29:52 AM »
Hello,

I am new to the configuration of the mitel 3300 and I was trying to create a new voicemail extension on the system and then have it reroute to our voicemail system which is a separate system (nupoint system) 

I have created the voiemail extension in the nupoint system but cannot find where to create the new extension number in the mitel system.

There is no actual device connected to the new number.  I work at a high school (that is why I am trying to figure out how to do this, tight budget and they dont want to pay the company to do it) and all of our room numbers have their own ext.'s, room 102 has an extension of 1102, room 203 with ext. 1203, etc.

Then all the teachers have voicemail box's starting in the 1600's.  The only place where I can locate these voicemail extensions is in the Call Handling/Call routing/Call Rerouting Assignment.  I understand how the rerouting works, they have a day/night schedule set to 2 which is the call rerouting always alternative option that reroutes those extensions to 5000 which is the voicemail system.

How can I add a new extension, for example 1650 to the system when there is no device attached to it?

Not sure if this info is needed but we also have an sx2000 switch.

Thanks!

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 3300 voicemail ext.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 10:01:31 AM »
You'll need to create a phantom extension, or hunt group with the extension number. I usually go the phantom extension route, and create the phantom extension on a phantom PKM. Then the extension will appear in the Call Re-Routing form.

Offline dkitsos81

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 10:50:36 AM »
sorry, I am completely new at this, can you provide the instructions for achieving this?

Offline dkitsos81

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 11:08:06 AM »
also, is where can i view the list of phantom extensions that are already there?  there should be almost 100 of them.

I just cant seem to find any menu's relating to phantom extensions.

sorry, complete noob over here, just trying to save the school some money.  Windows Server/Network Admin trying to figure out a phone system :)

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 11:32:18 AM »
go to maintenance commands and enter "locate number <an existing phantom number>"
This will show you where it's programmed.   It will be a hunt group or a Non-prime broadcast group.
If its a hunt group, create a new hunt group just like the existing one.
If it's a Non-prime key go to the Multiline Set Group assignment and search for it.  The phone it appears on will show up in the bottom window.  Note it.
Then go to Multiline set Key assignment and edit the phone you phone in the step above and add your new number to any blank key.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 01:52:12 PM by ralph »

Offline dkitsos81

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 12:05:54 PM »
Thanks.  I got that far but how do I add the new extension.  The last used extension is 1673 which i located and is a non prime broadcast group (as are all the voicemail extensions).  I searched 1673 in multiline set group assignment to view the settings and it says Member 1, Prime Directory number 1501, key number blank, ring type no ring.

I now need to add extension/number 1674 and set it as the other extensions?

Thanks for all the help thus far!

Offline dkitsos81

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 12:35:00 PM »
got it!!!
thanks so much!

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 01:12:49 PM »
Life is good.

Ralph

Offline Mnstorm07

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 03:53:35 PM »
Greetings,

I am having a similar issue and have read whats here so far. However:

Mitel 3300 - Using Mitel MCD 4.1

I am trying to create a non associated voicemail box extension (meaning it is a phantom extension, only voicemail, no phone associated with the extension)

We do have the licensing available.
I have used the LOCATE function to make sure the extensions I want are available.
It should be a non-prime extension - I did your check on another number that is setup how am I "trying" to set this new one up.
When I try to add them into the Telephone Directory, I get an error that says, "Telephone number is unknown"
However, it will let me create a new voicemail user, using this extension, but does not work as its not in the directory or call routing...etc.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 03:55:17 PM by Mnstorm07 »

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 04:12:51 PM »
You have to create an extension first.  That extension can be on another phone that's already built or you can simply make it an extension.
If you have to create an extension you may want to create a 5340 so you will have extra keys in case you want to do more.

Once you've created the extension then go to "All forms alphabetically", find "Call Rerouting Assignment" and in that form find your new extension and enter a '2' under Day, Night 1 and Night 2.  This will route the call to VM.

Ralph

Offline Mnstorm07

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 04:55:25 PM »
Ralph,

Ok, this did correct the issue, however, I set them both users up using a new extension associated to a device, which...they don't have. I then used the call routing to send it directly to their email, rather than a device.

How do you create an extension without setting them up with a device as well? Thanks for your help.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 08:01:22 PM »
You have to add it as a key on an existing extension.
Or create a hunt group with no members and forward to VM the same way.

Ralph

Offline psquiddy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2016, 11:56:56 AM »
Hi folks,

Going with a bit of a longshot here (old, semi-dead topic) but this is precisely the issue I'd like to address.  Are there any other ways to create "phantom extensions" for the purpose of voicemail?  We have about 6000 voicemail extensions we manage centrally, and using the PKM/button method only allows for 1875 extensions per controller (and that is if we don't use any other broadcast/button extensions).  Our directory allows for up to 50000 entries, so is there any way to get around these limitations?

I know there's a limit to the number of Hunt Groups you can create on a controller, as well, something like around 170 or so (found out by trial and error).  Clearly this method is not an option either.  At this rate, we'd need four controllers just to handle our voicemail extensions.  Any thoughts, ideas?

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2016, 12:33:23 PM »
With the latest release, that includes Call Coverage Services, we've found that we no longer need to perform this.

Have you set this up? (Assuming you're able)

Otherwise, what need are you trying to fulfill?

Offline psquiddy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2017, 04:33:25 PM »
Wow, summer vacations sure have a way of making you forget what you were working on at the beginning of summer!

I haven't heard about Call Coverage previously, and if it can work for us, it sounds like it might solve a lot of issues with our current system.

I'll give an example of what we're trying to do to hopefully ensure everything is clear.  We create phone extensions for all of our staff, regardless of whether they have phones or not, so they can take "phone calls" directly to voicemail (which is then usually emailed to them).  We list the users in our phone directory (internally) and dialling any of our 80000-series numbers (i.e.85095) will go directly to voicemail.

Can we do this sort of thing with Call Coverage, without the physical limitations of the extensions we've been creating?

Thanks in advance!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10