Author Topic: Preventing voicemail transfer to an extension that is forwarded  (Read 3658 times)

vmbray

Hi Guys, wondering if you can help me with this situation, would be great if someone knows the answer.

I'm using google voice for my voicemail and trying to get my cell and my office phones to leave messages in the same place since I'm on the road a lot.  GV works great for this, and I have the app on my phone so I get the transcription and the message in audio right there, very convenient.

The issue is that my office is very used to pressing voicemail transfer and sending people to me, which bypasses the forwarding and allows people to still leave a message.  I've tried a few things with the help of my local support but I'm wondering if we're missing something.  I've tried:

1.  Set my mailbox as transfer only - this causes the caller to get routed straight into the main mailbox and the person here who transferred them will not know until the customer calls back annoyed.

2.  Deleted my mailbox (I don't need it right :) which causes a result similar to #1 except it goes to an error message first, then goes to the main greeting.  Again the person here who transferred them won't know the problem until caller calls back.

So ideally it would be possible to set it up that voicemail transfer was overridden and rang at my desk and thus forwarded to my GV number.  Even more ideally it would just go ahead and forward but I don't think that is possible.  A good solution would also be for it to bonk the person trying to VM transfer so they would realize to do a regular transfer.  Or, is there a better way that I'm not thinking of?

Many thanks if anyone can shed light on this!
Vince

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Preventing voicemail transfer to an extension that is forwarded
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 12:07:44 PM »
I'm thinking there's no possible way to solve this without doing one of 2 things:
(1) beat the receptionist until the call can be transferred without pressing the transfer to VM key.
(2) upgrading to a 3300 and using Dynamic Extension.

If you can forward your desk phone to your GV and telling everyone to treat you as if you are in the office *always*.   I don't think your going to bypass stupidity easily.

Ralph

BTW:  don't seriously beat your receptionist.  ::)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 08:23:55 AM by ralph »

vmbray

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 02:57:23 PM »
Thanks for your thoughts, and I would almost never beat the receptionist  ;D

It will be okay, we just all answer the phone, so I have to get everyone on board. 

As it sits, if they forget they will just end up with the customer calling back and they will then have to get it right.  I think another way to handle this might be to have the type set to 'info' or 'message only' IF one of those settings would just play a message and stop.  That way I could record a message to just call my GV number which would put them in the right inbox.

Thanks!

vmbray

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 04:26:19 PM »
Got another vm and a few minutes later the transcript, so I'm thinking uninstall/reinstall worked.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10