Author Topic: Exchange 2010/Mitel 3300 integration  (Read 8959 times)

fcummins

Exchange 2010/Mitel 3300 integration
« on: May 16, 2010, 10:09:13 AM »
We installed a 3300 earlier this year and I've just finished installing Exchange 2010.  I'm now ready to integrate the two.  I found the config notes from the Mitel site but am hoping for some more clear cut integration steps.  Any advice?  Anyone know of any books and/or sites that I can use to research the process.

Even better would be if anyone has already gone through this and can tell me how it went.

Thanks in advance.

Offline doctora

• View Profile
Re: Exchange 2010/Mitel 3300 integration
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 03:39:39 PM »
I am in the middle of this integration and we have an issue.  So far noone has been able to help.  I can't even get my techsupport(the people we pay) to help.  I would love to work with you on this.  The document that I am using is Mitel Doc SIP CoE 10-4940-00117.  If you can't get this document let me know and I will put it on the web somewhere for download.  We have everything set up and when we go to exchange 2010 and enter

Test-UMConnectivity -UMIPGateway:<Gateway> -Phone:<phone> |fl

we get connectivity to the selected phone number.  But when I dial out on the sip trunks to the exchange the exchange does not answer.  I do see activity on the Sip trunk through the Mitel system.

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 11:27:45 PM »
  I would do a sniffer trace - load Wireshark on the exchange or set up a mirror port and sniff from a laptop.  SIP is pretty easy to decypher in a sniff so I be it will provide some good hints as to what is happening....

Offline doctora

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 10:57:22 AM »
I will work on that but I think it is a configuration issue.  I will end up adding digits or marking a check box on the exchange side.  It usually ends up being something simple that I missed. Thanks for the response.  I have been in many forums about this topic and this is the first response I have recieved.

We are moving a bunch of people over the next couple days.(statement to explain why it might take a couple days to post)  I will post again after I get wireshark set up.

Thanks
Mark 

fcummins

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 11:00:36 AM »
I'm still in the "scope and approach" phase, working with our Mitel vendor.  A couple of other projects took precedence but I'll be back full time on the integration probably next week.

doctora . . . I found that doc and am reviewing it.  Will touch base next week and pass along where we are at that point.

Offline doctora

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 12:18:08 PM »
I hope you have better luck with your vendor.  Our vendor said they would not help unless we purchased their Voice mail system.  Then when we called another vendor they said we could only use our current vendor.  So now I will be using forums and trial and error.  I will probably learn a bunch more this way but the time will be longer.

Thanks for your input on this
Mark

fcummins

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 12:21:41 PM »
I was approved for a complete infrastructure upgrade - domain servers, Exchange, switches and phone equipment -  at the end of last year.  I talked to several vendors for the phone system - the one I went with was the only one that confirmed that Mitel had clients using their product with Ex2k10 and had it running in the lab.  While they (the vendor) had no experience, they promised to work with me to make it happen so I've been lucky so far.  Good company to date - no problems, they've been very prompt to work with and have researched darn near as much as I have, if not more so.  My impression is that they like the idea of getting one of these implementations under their belt so that they can offer it as an option.

Offline gpatchev

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 02:11:08 PM »
I'm guessing that the Mitel guide - SIP Trunking with Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 UM did not work for Exchnage 2010?

That document worked pretty well for me.

However I used a system speed call entry and ARS digits dialed entry to rout the call onto the SIP trunk.

fcummins

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 02:13:20 PM »
I'm guessing that the Mitel guide - SIP Trunking with Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 UM did not work for Exchnage 2010?

That document worked pretty well for me.

However I used a system speed call entry and ARS digits dialed entry to rout the call onto the SIP trunk.

I've got that guide but had to table the project temporarily in lieu of setting up for new employees.  Should be back on it within a week.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10