Author Topic: Avaya guy needs help  (Read 3576 times)

halflife78

Avaya guy needs help
« on: May 04, 2010, 02:08:46 PM »
I normally work on our Avaya platform but I am being asked to resolve an issue on our Mitel platform we currently have.  If more details are needed than what I provide please let me know.

Platform:  3300 ICP
Version:  6.1

This PBX is currently in our Pitt office and they are wanting to see if they can place phones in other offices and have them connect back to the Pitt location through the MPLS which will be setup with QoS/CoS.  I currently have a phone in ATL where I sit that I am trying to point back to the Pitt location but I cannot get it to work.

I am trying to do this specifically without using the DHCP scope and I am attempting to do this on a Mitel 5312 IP phone.  Is it possible to actually do this with the PBX version and the phone type?  If so, can someone direct me on what specific static settings I need to put in the Mitel phone to make this work.

I appreciate the help, let me know if I missed anything, I just "assume" it can do this since Avaya does.

Online v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Avaya guy needs help
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 02:23:00 PM »
Yes you can assign the phone a static address

Reboot the phone holding down the 7 key

Put the IP address of the controller in your pitt office.

If that doesnt work

Reboot the phone hold down the volume up arrow follow the prompts to statically assign the phone under network configuration.

Offline Mitel100

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 02:58:24 PM »
In order for this to work you will also need to make sure that you complete the following static settings:

Phone IP Address (Not using DHCP)
Subnet Mask
Controller ICP address
Gateway Address
TFTP address (Same as the Controller address).

Hope this helps
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 03:01:30 PM by Mitel100 »

halflife78

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 02:59:51 PM »
Ok....I have the phone on the PBX now I assume since I can actual 4 digit dial anyone inside the office, the only issue I have now is I can hear the person I call but they can't hear me.  Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Mitel100,

I got the above to work with assigning an IP address to the phone manually.

Offline Mitel100

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 03:03:51 PM »
Normally one way audio is due to Gateway issue's as the RTP stream has nowhere to go. Make sure that the Gateway is correct on the phone.

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 11:30:55 PM »
Yep - usually a routing issue.  You could try setting up your PC with the same IP information you are using for the phone and seeing if it can ping/traceroute to the phone you are trying to talk to.  I would guess the controller you are talking to is on a different subnet than the phone you are talking to.  But just a guess....

Did that make since?

-Chak

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10