Author Topic: 5324 phone feature query  (Read 2560 times)

Offline armstr_a

• View Profile
5324 phone feature query
« on: April 16, 2010, 04:30:02 AM »
I would be grateful for some help in configuring a 5324 handset. At present a group of users in a dept are in a pickup group and the phone pickup assigned key lights up on each phone. The users are sitting abit away from each other and cause of the amount of available buttons spare could i possible say configure each one individually so - 1 button would light up and could be labelled if say daves phone rings and another light up if its johns phone thats ringing?

Offline Mitel100

• View Profile
Re: 5324 phone feature query
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 05:39:43 AM »
In this case, you will program a key for each extension of the group as a key system on the phone, this will allow the user of the phone to see who extensions is ringing as well as is they are on the phone or not.

Hope this helps

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 08:15:22 AM »
You can program the button in one of two ways;  Keyline or DSS.   In this case I think I'd recommend a keyline since you can put it on hold and have the user just hit their own line to pick it up.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 01:17:23 PM by ralph »

Offline armstr_a

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 06:41:30 AM »
Thanks for your help.

I can see on the mitel management system a DSS/Busy lamp feature would that be the one i set to an extension?

I'm unable to locate 'Keyline' i can see there is one called key system? with a description - KEY SYSTEM allows multiple extensions to share the same extension number. Incoming calls ring all idle extensions. When a member of the Key System Group answers a call, the line becomes busy (only one member can use the line at one time). Any member can retrieve calls placed on Hold by any another member.

Sorry if this is real basic for you guys!

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 07:15:40 AM »
"Keyline" is a term for "Key System." When you work on multiple platforms terminology tends to get a little blended.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10