Author Topic: Firmware for 5340  (Read 4174 times)

Offline PaulB

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Firmware for 5340
« on: November 04, 2015, 11:31:04 AM »
What is the latest firmware for the 5340?

I just got sent a file that was download from Mitel Online distributor portal this week and it has the following setting

<boot_version>01.06.00.13</boot_version>
   <image_version>R8.0.01.06.00.13</image_version>

How I read it is earlier then the version that i already have (see below) is that correct?

<boot_version>05.01.00.17</boot_version>
   <image_version>R8.0.05.01.00.17</image_version>

Also how does mitel firmware version work.  Is this SIP Release 8 or is it SIP Release 5, When looking at this page http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page_id=4305 I can not seam to line up versions.

Thanks for any help you can provide me
Paul

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Firmware for 5340
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 07:39:37 PM »
I use the versions from Mitel MCD installs and my 5330 has boot 06.03.00.03 with firmware 06.03.00.14

This is fairly current as the phone has the bow tie logo on boot. I don't think Mitel has released anything new to the general public for sip in several years

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 08:56:34 PM »
SIP firmware and Minet firmware use different Boot/Main versions...

@PaulB

The SIP software version is from the main load (image), you are using a version 8 SIP firmware. The specific version you have was not a public release, Mitel has removed SIP firmware from the public domain, but it appears the version you have was pulled from a 3300 controller via FTP. Mitel does not develop or maintain SIP firmware for 53xx devices any longer but it would appear the version you have is newer than what your vendor supplied to you.

Are you having an issue that your current SIP firmware is not working properly?

Offline PaulB

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 11:00:01 AM »
Thanks for getting back to me.

I am about to convert a bunch (170) of phones over to sip so wanted to make sure I had the latest before I started to do that.   The only problem I am having with this release so far is with the BLF is only working when people are on the phone and not when the phone is running.  Not sure if I can fix this as with all the reading online it seams to be a common problem.

You know of a way?

Paul

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 03:13:03 PM »
Thanks for getting back to me.

I am about to convert a bunch (170) of phones over to sip so wanted to make sure I had the latest before I started to do that.   The only problem I am having with this release so far is with the BLF is only working when people are on the phone and not when the phone is running.  Not sure if I can fix this as with all the reading online it seams to be a common problem.

You know of a way?

Paul
We have the same issue with Aastra phones, but Polycom phones worked fine for ringing indication on our Broadsoft platform... We did not use Mitel phones in SIP mode so I can't answer that question one way or the other. Once Mitel decided not to continue support for SIP in the 52xx/53xx phones we dropped any further testing and never implemented them for any customer.

My understanding is standard SIP SUBSCRIBE messaging does not include RI (Ring In) state, Polycom implements it with an "extension" of the standard SIP SUBSCRIBE message. You may not be able to get this to work since Mitel pretty much follows the SIP "standard". Take this answer with a grain of salt though, it has been years since I have done any work into this particular application.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 09:36:00 PM »
Mitel pretty much follows the SIP "standard".

Love this. Mitel always considers the term "you may"  to "you don't have to" when interpeting the "standard"  ;D

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10