Author Topic: How does Mitai work on the Mitel 3300?  (Read 18256 times)

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
How does Mitai work on the Mitel 3300?
« on: April 12, 2010, 02:49:17 PM »
How does Mitai work on the 3300? Does the far end, lets say a recording server, just connect to the IP of the 3300 at either port 8000 or 8001? Enable the two HCI options in COS and majic happens or is there more to it on the 3300 side?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 11:01:11 AM by ralph »

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Mitai
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 02:54:13 PM »
What type of recording server are you talking about?  SRC?  Something else?

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 04:35:04 PM by ralph »

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 03:03:39 PM »
Verint. I am also looking at Oaisys.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 04:01:44 PM »
We use Oaisys here but I don't think it has anything to do with Mitai.
I think you have to mirror the ports you want to monitor or use the SRC server to monitor.   That way your recording server only has to monitor one port.

Sorry.  I know I'm not much help here.  Not my area.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 12:05:50 PM by ralph »

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 09:23:21 PM »
  I've used Oaisys as well.  Pretty nice and easy to implement.  In my case it was analog trunks and used SMDR to get the PBX's information about the calls.

-Chak

EDIT:  Oh, it was a Talkument system.....

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 08:55:44 AM »
The Oaisys rep tells me they will use Mitai. The Verint folks want to use Mitai (but are failing to get their side going).

The Oaisys product seems nice and they will do the config for you.

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 03:43:52 PM »
Hi, I am in the UK. We had a customer who we sold Verint Audiolog. It was Trunk side recording but they did install Mitai Server edition on the Audiolog Server. However TBH we have had nothing but problems with it since it was installed. Customer has been complaining about it and it seems to fall over quite alot. They have installed a newer version of software latley and things seem to be better.

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 07:27:52 AM »
The latest out of this is that they are now trying to use MiTAI and only three trunks are actually being tagged by the 3300. They claim that only trunks 1, 22, and 23 are showing up and that all other calls show up blank.

Has anyone seen this before? I have not had much exposure to MiTAI and have no idea what settings I can change in the system if any.

Offline ctmedina

• View Profile
    • Just me, and my ramblings
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 08:48:05 AM »
Finally a question I can be of some help on, well let me know if this is of any help.

We have a network Tracer and Talkument right now. It has been a pain in some areas, but it can be simple. I think the pain is the networking part so if you only have 1 system then you are golden. Our Talkument uses trunkside, we have 1 PRI and the talkument records off of that. There are only a handful of stations that we actually want to record and the rest are filtered out. At our corporate location we have a tracer using a SRC server.

I have asked my VAR what mitai is and what I need it for. I have seen some errors on my Prairie Fyre server becasue of this, but I have not gotten an answer yet.

One of the big things I do not like is the cost. I have to buy licenses to add more stations to record.

Yes you do have to setup a mirrored port on your switch fabric to allow the SRC to see all the packets. This will vary on your switch vendor.

I am not familiar with the Verint variant! Sorry for the pun. On the trunk side recording for our talkument it has been pretty flaw less. Hope this helps.

Carlos

Offline Mitel100

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2010, 09:52:43 AM »
Mitai (Mitel Telephony Applications Interface) is call controll. It is used by applications to monitor phone activities
and invoke 3rd party call control.

Mitai integration is used in a lot of CTI applications.

Call recording with Mitel can be done is various ways as you all know. SRC if recording from the device side or Trunk side. As far as I know Mitel has approved the use of Oaisys via the SRC.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 09:57:23 AM by Mitel100 »

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 02:06:23 PM »
SO, I would need the SRC as well as the Oaisys server with the MiTAI license on it?

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 08:17:51 PM »
  I think the SRC is only needed if doing the recording at the IP level.  If you do it trunk side you don't need it.

-Chak

Offline Mitel100

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2010, 03:34:36 AM »
Sorry, my reply was a bit confusing, Chakara is right the SRC is only needed if recording via the device. Trunk side recording no SRC is needed. But Mitel have approved the use of the SRC with Oaisys, indicating that this is the way to go.

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2010, 08:19:05 AM »
I am only looking for trunk side recording. The Oaisys people told me that the SRC wasn't needed. Thanks.

LGregg

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2010, 07:20:13 PM »
Hello, I am the Product Manager from OAISYS. 
MiTAI is not required for call recording with OAISYS but it is useful to get CTI information like extension and ACD information.  (This information can then be used for triggering recordings and searching for calls.)
You are correct, the SRC is not required for Trunk side recording.  It sounds like a good solution would be to use the OAISYS trunk side with MiTAI.
Here is a link to a document that you may find helpful:
http://www.oaisys.com/downloads/OAISYS_and_Mitel_Call_Recording_Solution_Configuration.pdf
Let me know if you have any questions!  linda_gregg@oaisys.com

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10