Author Topic: Trunk Description to override ACD Path Description  (Read 3920 times)

test_bench

Trunk Description to override ACD Path Description
« on: June 18, 2008, 09:34:15 PM »
Hi All,

I was wondering if it is possible to override the ACD Patn Name with the Trunk description when presenting calls to an agent?

The scenario we have is this:

We have 3 seperate ACD paths, all with different greetings which interflow to another path. E.g:

ACD Interflow 100 - Greets call (with specific greeting) then passes to ACD Path 200
ACD Interflow 101 - Greets call (with specific greeting) then passes to ACD Path 201
ACD Interflow 102 - Greets call (with specific greeting) then passes to ACD Path 202

I have been thinking that this is a cumbersome was to go about it and surely as the only really unique part of the process is the greeting, couldn't we do it like this:

ACD Interflow 100 - Greets call (with specific greeting) then passes to ACD Path 200
ACD Interflow 101 - Greets call (with specific greeting) then passes to ACD Path 200
ACD Interflow 102 - Greets call (with specific greeting) then passes to ACD Path 200

This way we only have to assign agents to one skill group instead of three. Also it allows for expansion of additional groups without having to add agents to each new group. Further the system only allows agents to be members of 8 groups, which we could exceed.

The problem comes that the agent is presented with the description from the ACD Path so that they know where the call is coming from. If I remove this description, they dont see anything. There is a description on the Trunks and I would like to pass this information to the agent, therefore bypassing/overriding the ACD path name.

Can this be done?

Thanks in advance,
TB.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Trunk Description to override ACD Path Description
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 09:26:52 AM »
I'm pretty sure you cant show the trunk description rather than the ACD Path info.
You can assign an agent group to multiple paths.
So I would do it like this:
ACD Interflow 100 - Greets call (with specific greeting) then passes to ACD Path 201  Agent Group 1
ACD Interflow 101 - Greets call (with specific greeting) then passes to ACD Path 202  Agent Group 1
ACD Interflow 102 - Greets call (with specific greeting) then passes to ACD Path 203  Agent Gruup 1

The call should display the name of the Path and not the group.
Did I understand you correctly?

Ralph

test_bench

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 08:19:08 PM »
Hi Ralph,

How do you assign a group to multiple paths?

TB

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 09:27:00 AM »
You create the Agent group - lets see if I can do this by example:

Create agent group 5555
  put agents 1234, 1235, 1236 in the group

Create Path 6666 - make agent group 5555 it's primary agent group.
Create Path 7777 - make agent group 5555 it's primary agent group.  (note that this is the same agent group with the same agents.)

Thats it.  Just re-use the same agent group.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 12:19:40 PM by ralph »

test_bench

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 10:25:50 PM »
Hi Ralph,

Worked a treat - thanks!

TB

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10