Author Topic: Login name  (Read 1760 times)

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Login name
« on: September 16, 2015, 01:30:06 PM »
Does anyone know how to change the login name in the authentication section in Users and Services on MAS? Had a few phones in service, people changed and then the new users where updated here. Fist, last and display name updated, but login name stays with the old user and is grayed out.

Offline PC77375

• View Profile
Re: Login name
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 01:43:18 PM »
I just checked my MAS and I don't see the same issue. What MAS and browser versions are you using?

Offline jdfoxmicro

• Contributer
    • View Profile
    • J.D. Fox Micro
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 03:04:09 PM »
Ha, I found this topic that's nearly two years old now, because I'm encountering the same problem.

This is MAS 2.1.  The login name is grayed out, showing the last+first initial of what was originally configured for the user.  Changing the display name (First Name and Last Name) doesn't change it.

We use IE 11, because that recognizes the old-timey SSL certificates and doesn't give us warning pages to click through. But, I tried Chrome, and it's still grayed out.

Hopefully some fresh eyes on this thread can help us solve this.

Offline jdfoxmicro

• Contributer
    • View Profile
    • J.D. Fox Micro
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 03:19:15 PM »
It has nothing to do with any attached phones or services either.  I just created a new user with nothing attached; the Login field was automatically generated as last+first initial.  I was able to edit the Login field, though, until I clicked Save.  Now it's grayed out, and changing the First Name and Last Name don't change it.

Offline jdfoxmicro

• Contributer
    • View Profile
    • J.D. Fox Micro
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 06:28:16 PM »
So, after doing as much research as I could, it appears that the older versions of MAS were simply like that.  To change a login name, you have to delete the user (meaning deleting the voicemail box), and recreate it.  The current version of MAS does allow a login name change.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10