Author Topic: general questions  (Read 4611 times)

Offline ccboe

• View Profile
general questions
« on: April 01, 2010, 05:01:24 PM »
I have a 3300mx. We have been using it fone for about 8 months now. Not being a phone guy I have a hard time figuring out certain things.
Some things I have been looking for answers for lately.

1: Wireless head set. Mitel's site says use jabra. Every search for jabra/gn and mitel all I find is old information. I'm looking for a short range head set. Any ideas?

2:Voicemail We use the one internal to the controller. It is set to email and delete. The message waiting light blinks when there is no message. Users do not want to go in and check messages because they want to keep the default greeting.
Last week I made some changes to the network. For a short period of time, the vm could not talk to the mail server. Now that it is talking again it has not sent those vm's. How can I make it send them?

3:How can user a call user b and it go to user b's speaker phone? Kinda like paging.

4:How can I send a call straight to vm? No ringing on user's phone.

5:WIFI Can someone recommend an inexpensive wifi phone?

Thanks
Tom

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: general questions
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 07:05:04 PM »
Tom, you've asked a lot of questions, so I'll try to answer them one at a time.

1. Wireless headset - What model phones do you have? Plantronics also makes nice headsets, and has a section that recommends headsets based on desk phone model. Also, there's the Mitel integrated coredless headset/handset available for the 5330, 5340, & 5360.

2. Are you using the internal voicemail or an external system? If your using the internal, it is possible to have users setup their mailboxes and still have the default greeting. Do a search on the controller's help search for "Mailbox Greetings", and by using the Administrator's Mailbox of 9999, you can change the greeting setups of mailboxes. Are you sure that those MWI's that are flashing aren't callback messages from other extensions as well? If you're using the internal voicemail, I'm not sure what network settings you made that caused the phone system to not be able to talk to voicemail, but in order to send voicemail messages as emails, the system needs to be able to use your email server for smtp relay. Are you sure that the phone system can see your email server?

3. What software version are you using? There are two different features that you could use. The first, direct page, puts the caller over the other person's speaker, and the recipient has to pickup the handset or press the Mic key to answer. The second, Direct Voice Call, puts the caller over the recipient's speaker and allows them to have a speaker phone conversation. This second one is a newer feature though, so your system may not offer it.

4. Again, if your using the internal voicemail, there is no direct way to do this. You have to create either phantom extensions, using the format of *ext, and then call re-route always these phantoms to the voicemail pilot number. Then you can transfer callers to those *ext to send the person directly to the extension's voicemail box.

5. I can't offer a suggestion on this one.

Offline ccboe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 08:05:21 PM »
1: 5312's

2:Yes the internal vm. Have no idea what callback messages are. The network changes I made kept the 3300 from talking to my mail server. The vm's are still on the vm server. It is not emailing them.

3: As of now 9.0.2.31_1 But my vendor is suppose to be updating it soon.

Thanks
Tom

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 07:56:48 AM »
You could allow the calls to go straight to VM for a user by adding a Call Forward Always button for them to press when they wish to enable it. Make sure to program the CFA on their set to go to the pilot number of the VM.

Offline ccboe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 09:37:09 AM »
anyone got an answer for 3??

thanks
tom

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 09:41:08 AM »
It's called a direct page.
Look up the direct page on in the feature codes.   
dial the code and the extn.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 04:30:44 PM by ralph »

Offline vlevalois

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 07:31:32 PM »
4. Again, if your using the internal voicemail, there is no direct way to do this. You have to create either phantom extensions, using the format of *ext, and then call re-route always these phantoms to the voicemail pilot number. Then you can transfer callers to those *ext to send the person directly to the extension's voicemail box.

You specified that if it's internal there's no way to do that, what about with the NuPoint, I can't seem to find a good solution.

Thanks!

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 08:07:48 AM »
To clarify, you're looking for a way with NuPoint to transfer callers directly to a user's voicemail box, correct?

The only way I know to do it, is to create a "Voicemail Transfer Box."

What I do is create a Call Director voicemail box, linked to a phantom hunt group that is call re-routed always to the voicemail pilot number, lets say 550.

I then setup the menu in the call director section. First, set the menu to accept the same number of digits as however long your extension numbers are. (If your extension numbers are 3 digits, this needs to be 3 digits.) I then tell the "multi-key" function of the menu to route to a voicemail box. Within this option, I tell it to route based on "gathered digits." You then need to record the call director greeting for this mailbox, something like "Please enter the extension number of the user whose voicemail box you wish to transfer the caller to."

Then when a caller wishes to go into the voicemail of extension 200, you conf/transfer to 550, enter extension 200, and hang-up immediately. The caller will hear 200's greeting and be able to leave a message.

Offline hsearson

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 04:18:45 PM »
Check and see if the phone is set to Auto Answer in the class of service and see if it is turned on the receiving set.  We had phones auto answering calls transferred from voice mail once

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10