Author Topic: Long Distance Restrictions  (Read 11037 times)

jdluna

Long Distance Restrictions
« on: March 30, 2010, 04:12:15 PM »
Hello,

I'm new to Mitel and pretty green so forgive the basic questions.

I need to remove access to long distance calling on several "public access" phones we have around. What is the best way to do this? Right now we have access codes provided by our long distance vendor but we plan to move away from that soon. Once the codes go away, I don't want all the phones capable of dialing LD.

Thanks for your help!

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Long Distance Restrictions
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 07:25:11 PM »
You have two options then that I can see. You can implement the codes on the Mitel system itself, or by utilizing Class of Restriction and Class of Restriction Groups, limit which ARS routes phones are capable of dialing.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 09:10:06 AM »
A quick and dirty method of restricting outbound calls - meaning no outbound calls - is to use a unique COR and then in the Max Digits dialed form, tell that COR that it can only dial 4 digits.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 12:20:23 PM by ralph »

jdluna

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 12:36:00 PM »
Thanks guys! I have this setup and tested an extension. My issue now there is it allows no out bound calls at all, only internal. I would like for them to still be able to dial local numbers. Is that possible?

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 02:47:32 PM »
you would need to build a route for local area codes that uses a COR that doesn't restrict anyone.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 02:52:37 PM »
Mattmayn is correct.  You will need to define in your system what is a long distance and what is a local call.   This can be a lot of work depending on if you have to dial the area code for local calls or not.   
What I will typically do is set up a route for our local area codes that we will consider "local".   Other will be restricted.
This isn't something I'd suggest doing without help.  You may want to get your vendor involved.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 12:20:11 PM by ralph »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10