Author Topic: Nupoint Advanced  (Read 7046 times)

Offline ctmedina

• View Profile
    • Just me, and my ramblings
Nupoint Advanced
« on: March 19, 2010, 02:47:38 PM »
Is anyone using the Nupoint Advanced UM? I have a user that is not working no matter what I do. He can get vmails and he checks them and deletes, but he never gets an email.

Is there a way to see if the system is getting an error trying to send the email?
I have the same FCOS and LCOS as him
I had the user go in and update the password for his login account.
The AD account is working fine.
He can get email fine
MWI works as normal
He is a Hot Desk user, but I am a hot desk user as well

Any help. We do not have that many people using Advanced UM, but we do have some using the basic UM where a WAV file is emailed to the users email. Mostly because the users would not want to go in a change the password everytime we force them to change it on the AD side. Can this be synched?

Thanks,
Carlos Medina

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Nupoint Advanced
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 03:34:48 PM »
Just a quick question, are you using a MAPI gateway?
Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 05:00:31 PM by ralph »

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 04:02:37 PM »
  Ralph is right - using a Mapi Gateway would solve the password issue but does require you to set up an Exchange Super User account in AD that has access to all of the users mailboxes.  Basically the NPM talks to the Gateway with IMAP and the Gateway does MAPI over to the Exchange.

All of this said, the one install I have of this is not working yet :)

-Chak

Offline ctmedina

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 08:27:19 AM »
No I am not using a MAPI gateway. I have it set to just IMAP. How do you feel about having another user account that has access to all your mailboxes. We just went thru an audit and we try to keep this list pretty short! Not a technical problem, but still a problem.

For the interim I changed the user to just use the standard UM. That is working.

I noticed that there is an interval setup of 60 for the nupoint to check for users that are licensed for Advanced UM. Since I was troubleshooting, I changed the class of service serveral times so maybe I just need to change it back and leave everything set for at least an hour (or change the interval).

Or does changing the FCOS kick it in and the interval does not matter? If that was the case, then what would be the purpose of the interval being set?

I am release 3.0 Build: 12.5.2.10.01

Carlos

Offline ctmedina

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 11:03:09 AM »
 >:( Ok I started from scratch and I am still not getting any emails from NUpoint for this user. My ext still works. I have configured both of ours the same and mine works and the other ext does not. We are both hot desk users. We have the same COS on the PBX. I do not understand this.

Carlos Medina

>:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 01:36:15 PM »
  Could IMAP be disabled for that user in Exchange?  Can you connect to his exchange mailbox with a PC based IMAP client?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10